AI is changing every market and enabling new and enhanced use cases across various industries like health & life sciences, retail, industrial, and more.
We want to help you realize your AI superpower! We’re calling on developers around the world to create intelligent, computer vision-based solutions using the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit. Imagine, download, build. It’s that simple!
The Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit is a comprehensive tool suite that helps developers harness the full potential of AI and computer vision across multiple Intel® architectures. The toolkit enables developers to build innovative applications that can scale to meet real-world challenges.Transform the world with your Deep Learning superpowers!
Passionate about Deep Learning? Driven to make a difference? Then put on your cape, download the OpenVINO toolkit and use your deep learning superpowers to create breakthrough applications that will solve real-world problems!Submission Categories:
Your project should focus on one of the following categories (you'll need to pick one when you submit your entry!). Your project must leverage the OpenVINO toolkit to be eligible for prizes.
Education and Economic Growth
- Sample use cases include quality education, reimagining work environments, economic productivity, workplace equality, economic mobility, and opportunity.
- Get inspired by projects and case studies: Smart Classroom C++ Demo | Building Digital Whiteboards
Environmental Sciences and Sustainability
- Sample use cases include clean water & sanitation, affordable and clean energy, sustainable retail, and agricultural development.
- Get inspired by projects and case studies: Identifying Pathological Disease in Plants | Detecting Bacteria in Water
Industrial and Manufacturing
- Sample use cases include responsible consumption and productions, industry innovation, and infrastructure.
- Get inspired by projects and case studies: 3D Printing Error Detection using AI | Preventing Store Losses | Wind Turbine Defect Detection
Health and Well-Being
- Sample use cases include early detection, AI-assisted patient care, preventive diagnosis, and combat infectious diseases.
- Get inspired by projects and case studies: Improving Healthcare Access and Quality | Accelerating Cancer Detection | Breast Cancer Early Screening and Diagnosis
Safety and Security in Public Spaces
- Sample use cases include social mobility and audience safety at public gatherings.
- Get inspired by projects and case studies: Avoiding Contagion | Pigeon Detection System
To help you narrow down a vast world of ideas, we are awarding prizes in the categories listed above. Get inspired by the sample use cases or show us something we haven't seen yet and walk away with some awesome prizes!
FIVE grand prize winners will receive $1,000 USD!
Early Submission Prizes
Submit your project before September 1st, 2020, to be eligible for the early submission prizes. Up to the first 100 complete project submissions will win an Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2.
A plug and play development kit that offers high performance and low power for AI inferencing.
Developers Choice Awards
Share share share! The project with the most likes at the end of the contest will receive a participant prize!
Judging will be conducted by a panel of industry experts with deep domain expertise in computer vision, deep learning and edge AI use cases and extensive experience in deploying edge solutions across various industry verticals.
Take advantage of Intel's vast repository of developer resources to kickstart your project on the OpenVINO toolkit:
- OpenVINO Toolkit Video Learning Series
- Download OpenVINO Toolkit
- Installation Guides
- Compatible Hardware & Operating Systems Supported by OpenVINO Toolkit
- Optimization Best Practices
- OpenVINO Toolkit Support Forum
- OpenVINO Toolkit Success Stories
- Intel® AI Builders Document Library
- Intel® RealSense™ Technologies - Getting started guide
Github Code Samples:
Deploy High-Performance Deep Learning Inference with the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit. Based on convolutional neural networks (CNN), the toolkit extends workloads across Intel® hardware (including accelerators) and maximizes performance.
- Enables deep learning inference from edge to cloud
- Accelerates AI workloads, including computer vision, audio, speech, language, and recommendation systems
- Supports heterogeneous execution across Intel® architecture and AI accelerators—CPU, iGPU, Intel® Movidius™ Vision Processing Unit (VPU), FPGA, and Intel® Gaussian & Neural Accelerator (Intel® GNA)—using a common API
- Speeds up time to market via a library of functions and preoptimized kernels
- Includes optimized calls for OpenCV, OpenCL™ kernels, and other industry tools and libraries
Gain reputation points!
Earn reputation points for participating in this contest:
- Submit a project entry: 10 points
- Submit a project entry 30 days before the deadline: 50 points
- Be among the first 10 to submit a project entry: 50 points
- Your submitted project entry wins the contest: 250 points
July 23, 2020 at 9:00AM PT
October 13, 2020 at 11:59PM PT
Winners announced by
Oct 29, 2020