- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL the following requirements unless otherwise stated:
- You must be registered as a Hackster community member to participate in this contest.
- You must download the OpenVINO toolkit and use it in your project to be eligible for the prizes. Find the full list of compatible hardware, supported operating systems and more, here. The project must be developed on Intel architecture.
- You must share the timestamp and email address used to download the OpenVINO toolkit when you submit the contest submission. Do not include personal information in your entry.
- Your entry must be your own original work.
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other Hackster contest.
- Your team is no more than 5 members per entry*
- Up to the first 100 qualified submissions will be eligible to win an Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2
- Your project submission must comply with the Intel Global Human Rights Principles
*By entering a submission to this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative authorized to act on behalf of your team.
Project Documentation Requirements
- Your project must include a project name, short project description, cover image, bill of materials (BOM), full instructions, images, and relevant resource files (schematics and working software code).
- Your project must be written in English.
- Your project must be submitted by Oct 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT.
You can enter as an individual or as a team of no more than five members. The following requirements must be satisfied to participate in this contest as a team:
- Your team must choose one individual (the “representative”) to speak for, act, and enter a project submission on behalf of your team and will be responsible for distributing the prizes to team members if their submission wins.
- Each individual team member must meet ALL the eligibility and contest requirements outlined in the full rules.
Your project will be judged according to the rubric below and by a panel of industry experts with deep domain expertise in computer vision, deep learning and edge AI use cases and extensive experience in deploying solutions across various industry verticals.
Project Overview (30 points)
- Describe the problem solved by your project
- Benefits & features
- What is the social impact? (e.g. monetary saving, health and safety improvements, reduced carbon footprint etc.)
Project Documentation (40 points)
- Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or a video demonstration of your solution working as intended.
- For hardware and software projects, you can include circuit diagrams using software like Fritzing.org and/or take detailed photographs.
- For software projects, you can include working code with helpful comments
- How did you use the OpenVINO Toolkit? Please tell us more about improvements or optimizations achieved on your model or application. Highlight increase in performance, latency or accuracy that you were able to achieve for your use case through retraining, quantization or other fine-tuning techniques.
- Tell us about the models used - Intel pre-trained models, public models or own trained models.
Complete BOM (10 points)
- Detail the hardware, software, tools and models used
Creativity (20 points)
- What makes your project unique and differentiated? Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand-new idea)
- All eligible submissions will be considered for the Developer Choice Awards. Projects with the most “Likes” on their Hackster contest entry will be awarded. Participants are encouraged to share their project on social media and other platforms to get as many Likes as possible for their project.
- All eligible submissions will be considered for the Early Submission Prizes. Early Submission Prizes will be awarded up to the first 100 qualified submissions and will receive an Intel Neural Compute Stick 2. Participants are encouraged to submit their qualifying entry as soon as possible to be eligible.
- Visa Gift Card ($1,000 value) (5 are available)
- Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 ($75 value) (100 are available)
- Visa Gift Card ($500 value) (3 are available)
Step 1: Register for the Contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member).
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant”.
Step 2: Build and Document Your Project
- Complete the OpenVINO toolkit download and use the toolkit in your project to be eligible for the prizes. Find the full list of compatible hardware, supported operating systems and more, here. The project must be developed on Intel architecture.
- Build your project according to the submission requirements. Document your project build using Hackster’s project template. To create a new project, click “create new project” on the contest page or the “+” symbol in the top right corner of your Hackster page.
Step 3: Review and submit your project
- Review your project and make sure it meets all the submission requirements.
- Upload a previously created project by clicking “add existing project” on the contest page.
- Submit your project by Oct 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT by clicking “review and submit project” on the contest page.
- Up to the first 100 qualified submissions will be eligible to win an Intel Neural Compute Stick 2.
July 23, 2020 at 9:00 AM PT
October 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM PT
November 4, 2020
Contest winners will be announced on November 4, 2020. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Argentina, Brazil, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia and Nigeria
- US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- You are not involved in the execution, administration or sponsorship of this contest.
- You are not an immediate family member, household member, or employee of a Hackster or Intel.
- By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Rules and the decision of the Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.