Each winner was awarded a We're giving away $100 via PayPal for the best 50 projects! ($100 value)
Each winner was awarded a HomePod is Apple's new smart speaker that sounds amazing, works with your home, and responds to Siri. ($350 value)
Apple HomePodSafety Device for Railways
Apple HomePodAlexa/Google-Assistant Voice/Sensor-Based IoT Automation
SensorTile by ST is a one of the coolest technologies we've ever laid our eyes on. This highly integrated reference design that can be plugged into form-factor prototypes, adding sensing and connectivity capabilities to new designs through a smart hub solution. It can also easily support development of monitoring and tracking applications like standalone sensor nodes connected to iOS™ or Android™ smartphone applications.
The SensorTile occupies a very small 13.5 x 13.5 mm square outline, with all the electronic components on the top side and a small connector on the bottom side to plug it onto the cradle expansion board. The connector pinout is repeated on 18 PCB pads to render the SensorTile a solderable system on module as well:
- 3D digital accelerometer
- 3D digital gyroscope
- 3d digital linear acceleration sensor
- 3D digital magnetic sensor
- Digital output barometer, absolute pressure
For this challenge, we want YOU to build enterprise-grade IoT solutions using the STMicroelectronics SensorTile Development Kit! Build solutions related to one or more of the following themes. We're talking about fully documented projects with replicable code, clear pictures and innovation.
We know what this community can do, and we can't wait what to see your creations around these topics:
1. Smart Things: Wearables, Consumer Products, Music, Fitness.
2. Smart Cities: Environmental, Traffic, Safety, Education.
3. Smart Homes: Automation, Voice Control, Security.
4. Smart Industry: Manufacturing Sensors, Safety, Output, Speed.
We're giving away 100 SensorTile Development Kits to those who submit a qualified idea by the idea submission deadline, Aug 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT.
We're also giving away one limited edition Hackster Tee for anyone who submits a quality project - your size, your country, your way.
- Project Submission Opens: Jul 26, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT
- Free Hardware Application (Idea Submission) Deadline: Aug 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Deadline to Submit a Project: Nov 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Winners Announced: Nov 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
For reference on how to get started, go here.
Be the first to play with Apple's HomePod - we're giving away no less than 10!__hypernova_render_token[0ea83c4fe2aa3b2bf5450f0b0102cceb]__
How to Buy:
If you don't win free hardware, or if you just want a head start, go here to purchase the SensorTile Development Kit.
How to Enter:
Step 1: Register for the contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member)
- Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant"
- Register for the webinars (dates TBD)
Step 2: Apply to win one of 100 SensorTile Development Kits by pitching an idea
- Click "Apply for a SensorTile Development Kit" and fill in the template. Tell us what you want to create.
- Idea submissions close on Aug 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- We will select the top 100 winners based the originality, quality, and creativity of your idea
Step 3: Enter to win the grand prizes by building and submitting your project
- Build your project using the SensorTile Development Kit
- Submit your project by clicking on "Add my project"
- Describe your project. Include plenty of details: what are you creating? What does it do? Why does it matter?
- Submit your project in one of the four relevant categories
- Submit your project by Nov 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Note: You DO NOT have to win a free sensor to submit a finalized, qualifying project! You can purchase a SensorTile Development Kit here.
Winners will be announced on this page on Nov 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT. Good luck!
July 26, 2017 at 8:00AM PT
Applications for hardware close
August 29, 2017 at 11:59PM PT
November 1, 2017 at 11:59PM PT
Winners announced by
November, 16 2017