The winner was awarded a Keithley Tabletop Multimeter DMM6500 + trip to Maker Faire Rome
The winner was awarded a WT 1010 Set:WT 1 Soldering Station, WTP 90 Soledering Iron, Safety Rest 200,XNT A Soldering tip, Barrel for XNT tips for WTP 90, Heating Element for WTP 90, LT H Soldering Tip, WSW SAC M1 0,8 mm Solder wire, 522N Side Cutter and 2ASASL TWEEZERS 120MM
FROM 3rd TO 10th
Each winner was awarded a Grove Starter Kit by Seeed Studio
How can you help advance Industry 4.0 using the Arduino ecosystem? From robots and predictive maintenance to remote control and data acquisition, we're challenging you to create innovative solutions that can make the industry faster, cheaper, more flexible, and efficient.
Explore all of the Arduino ecosystem's potential — boards, libraries, and online platform — to rapidly prototype your Industry 4.0 applications!
First, choose from our wide range of IoT boards with WiFi (MKR1000 and Yún Rev2) and GSM/narrowband connectivity (MKR FOX 1200, MKR WAN 1300, and MKR GSM 1400) to develop your industrial automation projects, all available from the Distrelec Shop. Then, use Arduino Create to set up, control, and connect various Arduino, Intel, and Arm-based devices all together.
Need a little inspiration for your project? Examples of industrial automation projects include:
- Remote control
- Energy management
- Remote monitoring
- Predictive maintenance
- Machine safety
- Home security
- Surveillance drones
- Robotic arms
- Collaborative robots
- Cartesian robots
- Autonomous transportation
Winning projects will be selected based on their originality, quality, creativity, and social impact. These top entries will be awarded with:
- 1st Place: Keithley DMM6500 Bench Top Multimeter plus a trip to Maker Faire Rome
- 2nd Place: WT 1010 Set:WT 1 Soldering Station, WTP 90 Soldering Iron, Safety Rest 200,XNT A Soldering tip, Barrel for XNT tips for WTP 90, Heating Element for WTP 90, LT H Soldering Tip, WSW SAC M1 0,8 mm Solder wire, 522N Side Cutter and 2ASASL TWEEZERS 120MM
- 3rd-10th Place: Grove Starter Kit for Arduino
And remember, projects must use an Arduino board in order to be eligible to win!
Ready to get started?
1. Create a free account on Arduino.cc (or log in if you are already a member).
2. Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant.”
3. Send your concept to the Arduino/Distrelec: Automation & Robotics contest by June 29, 2018. Top 150 Makers will receive a 75€ voucher for the Distrelec Shop .
4. Design, build, and submit your project on this page by September 16 2018.
Submissions should include:
- A detailed description: What are you building? What does it do? How does it work?
- Story and quality images
- Video demonstrations, if applicable
- Clear instructions
- BOM and schematics
- Source code, preferably written on the Arduino Web Editor
- CAD files, if applicable
- Winners will be announced on this page October 1, 2018
FROM 3rd TO 10th
April 23, 2018 at 7:10AM PT
Applications for hardware close
June 29, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
September 16, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
October 1, 2018 at 10:00AM PT