- US SEMI-FINALISTS
Each winner was awarded a Win an all-expenses-paid trip to Beijing for the final competition along with other amazing Makers!
US SEMI-FINALISTSPurdue ExoMIND Glove
US SEMI-FINALISTSSmart Compost System
US SEMI-FINALISTSLet it Snow - IoT Snow Globe With Virtual Reality Web
US SEMI-FINALISTSWildlife Detector
US SEMI-FINALISTSSuicide Prevention Gun Safe Locking System
US SEMI-FINALISTSPower Lunch
US SEMI-FINALISTSSmart City Air Monitor
US SEMI-FINALISTSIntelligent Community Alerts Beacon [-iCAB-]
US SEMI-FINALISTSBeat The Heat Car Seat
US SEMI-FINALISTSBluSpike - Community Driven BLE Sensor Network
Welcome Back to the 2017 China-U.S. Young Maker Competition!
We're calling upon all U.S-based Makers who have the ideas and skills that can change the world. Join our challenge and build innovative projects that solve real problems, while competing against other tinkerers from China on a quest to become the ultimate global Maker.
Use Intel hardware and submit projects that have impact in these areas:
- Community Development
- Environmental Protection
- Health & Fitness
Ready to begin? Submit your project for a chance to travel to Beijing, China!
- Registration opens: April 18, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT
- Project submissions open: April 25, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT
- Deadline to apply for free Intel hardware: May 31st, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Project submissions close: June 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Winners announced by: June 26, 2017
*We have extended the deadline to apply for free hardware. This DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive the hardware in time to complete the project. Please submit your idea to apply ASAP.
Guidelines for Creating Your Project:
- Innovation and Creativity: Is the project innovative and creative? (40 points)
- Completeness: Is the project fully developed and does it have the functionality described? (40 points)
- Application Prospects: Does the project have the potential to make an impact on a real world problem? (20 points)
How to Submit Your Idea:
- Must be a legal resident of the United States between the ages of 18-40.
- Create a free Hackster.io account.
- Register to participate in this contest by clicking "Register as a Participant."
- Post a short video with your submission in the template.
- Finish by submitting a complete project. Click "Submit my final entry."
Check out last year's competition impressions and summary via this eBook!
Make Sure You Include the Following:
- Video, images and story
- Schematics and source code
- BOM and CAD files
- Need inspiration? Check out last year's semi-finalists.
10 lucky semi-finalists will fly to Beijing, China to compete in a global competition with a chance to win:
- First prize: approximately $15,000 USD
- Second prize: approximately $8,000 USD
- Third prize: approximately $5,000 USD
You can also learn more about what to expect from our 2015 & 2016 participants.
We are also giving away 100 free Intel boards: 50 Arduino 101 board powered by the Intel® Curie™ module and 50 Intel® Edison™ developer kits for those who need them. Should you require a free board, submit a project idea, and we’ll pick the best and most complete ones on a first come, first served basis by 6/23/2017 11:59PM. (This is an optional step)
Big Thanks to Our Sponsors for Making This Happen!
April 25, 2017 at 8:00AM PT
June 23, 2017 at 11:59PM PT
Applications for hardware close
June 23, 2017 at 11:59PM PT
Winners announced by
Jun 26, 2017