Welcome Back to the 2017 China-U.S. Young Maker Competition!
We're calling upon all U.S-based Makers who have the ideas and skills that can change the world. Join our challenge and build innovative projects that solve real problems, while competing against other tinkerers from China on a quest to become the ultimate global Maker.
Ready to begin? Submit your project for a chance to travel to Beijing, China!
- Registration opens: April 18, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT
- Project submissions open: April 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM PT
- Deadline to apply for free Intel hardware: May 8, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Project submissions close: June 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM PT
- Winners announced by: June 30, 2017
Guidelines for Creating Your Project:
- Innovation and Creativity: Is the project innovative and creative? (40 points)
- Completeness: Is the project fully developed and does it have the functionality described? (40 points)
- Application Prospects: Does the project have the potential to make an impact on a real world problem? (20 points)
How to Submit Your Idea:
- Must be a legal resident of the United States between the ages of 18-40.
- Create a free Hackster.io account.
- Register to participate in this contest by clicking "Register as a Participant."
- Post a short video with your submission in the template.
- Finish by submitting a complete project. Click "Submit my final entry."
Make Sure You Include the Following:
- Video, images and story
- Schematics and source code
- BOM and CAD files
- Need inspiration? Check out last year's semi-finalists.
10 lucky semi-finalists will fly to Beijing, China to compete in a global competition with a chance to win:
- First prize: approximately $15,000 USD
- Second prize: approximately $8,000 USD
- Third prize: approximately $5,000 USD
We are also giving away 100 free Intel boards: 50 Arduino 101s and 50 Intel Edisons for those who need them. Should you require a free board, submit a project idea, and we'll pick the best and most complete ones on a first come, first served basis by 05/08/2017 11:59 PM. (This is an optional step.)
Big Thanks to Our Sponsors for Making This Happen!