Best AI application
The winner was awarded a MacBook Pro 13" ($1,799 value)
Best use of AI
Each winner was awarded a GoPro Fusion ($699 value)
Each winner was awarded a Nintendo Switch ($299 value)
Artificial intelligence is widely believed to be the most important technology that will rebuild human life. Unlike cloud-based artificial intelligence, on-device artificial intelligence has unique advantages in privacy preservation and quick response.
This contest aims to raise awareness about embedded AI technology and showcase ThunderSoft's intelligent operating system's capabilities. We invite you to join us in creating embedded AI applications based on the Qualcomm®SDA845 processor and make full use of Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK and the FaceSDK / AI Studio.
Here are some example application categories:
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Industrial IoT
- Smart City
- Smart Retail
Submit your project using the Thundercomm AI Kit or one of the listed softwares below for a chance to win some awesome prizes, including a new MacBook!
The winner will have the opportunity to present their project at ThunderWorld embedded AI Forum on November 30th.
The Thundercomm AI Kit (available Oct.23) is a high-performance embedded development device for developers to create on-device artificial intelligence application ranges from smart phone, robotics, drones to autonomous vehicles. Based on the Qualcomm®SDA845 processor, the AI Kit provides development-ready devices and algorithmic SDKs to help developers start their embedded AI journey.
The Thundercomm AI Kit integrates new vector engine and high performance heterogeneous computing power necessary for AI processing. It supports Ultra HD video and display. It can support hardware accelerated face detection, accelerated electronic image stabilization and provide wonderful image quality required by AI visual algorithms.
- 8x Qualcomm® Kryo™ 385 CPU(up to 2.8GHz)
- Hexagon™ 685 DSP and Adreno™ 630 GPU
- Spectra™ 280 image sensor processor
Need an AI Kit for your project?
Submit your idea on the idea tab before Nov. 1 and ten lucky winners will receive a kit to further their AI development during their project build.
No AI Kit? No problem! The AI Kit is not required to build your solution. All you need is a smart phone that uses a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845, 835 and 820platforms and you can get started on your build using one of the software resources below:
- Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK
- ThunderSoft AI Application Development Guide
- Thundersoft FaceSDK Programming Guide Face SDK is a high-performance DK for face deep learning algorithms. It provides capabilities as face detection, face recognition, age, gender, emotion detection and eyes blink etc.
- Thundercomm AI studio ——a visible AI development tool, easy, fast to develop your AI application
- Instructions for Using AI Studio
Click on the contest page's discussion tab and join fellow participants on the contest forum to discuss getting started, troubleshooting and more!
If you have any questions while developing the application by AI Kit, you can also contact ThunderSoft directly at email@example.com .
Attend our upcoming November online training by professors from Tsinghua University and the open source community! More details coming soon.
The Thundercomm AI Kit can be used for data collection, storage and real-time data analysis in offline retail scenes. It helps optimize offline services. Some capability examples include:
- Analyze a human traffic heat map to optimize the placement of goods
- Face detection & recognition of consumers’ demographics and profile
- Recognizing and counting particular objects
Thundercomm is a provider of IoT products, technologies and one-stop services for OEM/ODMs, innovative enterprises and developers in the IoT Area.
Thundercomm, was jointly established by Thunder Software Co., Ltd. (ThunderSoft) and Qualcomm® Technologies, Inc. in 2016. With the basis of Qualcomm's world-leading SoC technology as well as ThunderSoft's powerful operating system technology and local service capability, Thundercomm is devoted to IoT products such as smart cameras, robots, VR/AR devices, wearable devices, drones, medical equipment and industrial IoT to help partners and customers accelerate the process of IoT products from the prototype to the mass production.
Best AI application
Best use of AI
Gain reputation points!
Earn reputation points for participating in this contest:
- Submit an application to receive a free device: 5 points
- Your submitted hardware application wins: 50 points
- Submit a project entry: 10 points
- Submit a project entry 30 days before the deadline: 50 points
- Be among the first 10 to submit a project entry: 50 points
- Your submitted project entry wins the contest: 250 points
September 17, 2018 at 12:00AM PT
Applications for hardware close
November 1, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
Hardware recipients announced
November 5, 2018 at 12:00PM PT
December 10, 2018 at 9:00PM PT
Winners announced by
December, 13 2018