The intelligence in our things might not even be obvious, but it’s there. The best IoT applications let us monitor things we’ve never dreamed of monitoring, and stay out of our way by managing themselves after you’ve set them up. In this contest, we’re challenging you to come up with creative ways to infuse intelligence into a new application using the MAX32620FTHR rapid development platform.
With the MAX32620FTHR board, you can quickly implement portable, function-rich, battery-optimized solutions based on the MAX32620 Arm® Cortex®-M4 microcontroller with floating-point unit, part of Maxim's new family of DARWIN MCUs. Delivering efficient power conversion and battery management in a small form factor, the board includes:
- The MAX77650 ultra-low-power PMIC featuring single-input, multiple-output (SIMO) technology and highly integrated battery charging
- The MAX17055 fuel gauge with ModelGauge™ m5 EZ algorithm, which provides high accuracy without battery characterization
Given all of the unique features of this board, it can be a strong foundation for a variety of smart solutions. Enter the contest for a chance to win one of these boards. And if you can’t wait to get your hands on the MAX32620FTHR, you can buy your own from the Maxim website for $20.
Flex Your Creativity in One of These Contest Categories
Join the contest by submitting a written proposal outlining your design idea in one of these categories:
- Sports and Fashion: Want to create technology that redefines the colorful fashion landscape? Solutions that power the next big thing in sporting wearables? Send us your concept.
- Smarter Planet: Thinking about a new way to address climate change, make your city more livable, or help grow enough food to feed the next billion people on the planet? This is your category.
- Personal Safety Monitoring: From a tracker that assures you a loved one is safe, to a device that helps someone with limited mobility move about with confidence, to a solution that keeps tabs on your beloved pet, the possibilities in this category are wide open.
- Home Control: Here, we’re looking for novel ideas to make devices and systems used in the home smarter, safer, and greener.
After our judges review all of the proposals, we’ll award a minimum of 50 MAX32620FTHR boards to the top entrants with the most innovative and scalable ideas. These top contestants will then move to the next phase of the contest: creating a design prototype using the board. From this point, competitors will vie for one of several prizes for their category and a grand prize.
- Project submission opens: April 12, 2018
- Idea submission deadline: May 12, 2018
- Project submission deadline: July 12, 2018
- Winners announced: July 19, 2018
Maxim sees the internet of things (IoT) as an opportunity to solve problems in new and better ways. Our analog and mixed-signal products and technologies are designed to help you create smaller and smarter solutions with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/markets/internet-of-things.html.