- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:Contest Dates (April 12th, 2018 starting 8:00 PM PST through August 2nd, 2018 ending 11:59 PM PST)
- You must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- All projects must be submitted in the English language.
- Your project must be for a device connected to the Maxim Integrated MAX32620FTHR
- Your project must be fully documented on Hackster per the “project” template.
- Your final project must be submitted as within the projects template.
- Your final project must consist of the following materials:
- CAD [if any]
- Your entry must be your own original work; and
- your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
Winners are selected based on the following criteria:Project Submission (April 12th, 2018 starting 8:00 PM PST thru August 2nd, 2018 ending 11:59 PM PST)
- Project Documentation (60 points)
- Story/Instructions – Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or video (20 points)
- BOM – Detail the hardware components as well as apps you used (10 points)
- Schematics – Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, and/or take detailed photographs (10 points)
- Code – Include working code with helpful comments (20 points)
- Great photographs, videos, and screenshots are worth a thousand words. Ask yourself: "If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?"
- Creativity (20 points)
- Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea).
- Practicality (20 points)
- Does it solve a practical problem that you might encounter?
- Microsoft HoloLens Development Edition
- iPhone X (256GB)
- Nintendo Switch
- BeatsX Earphones
- iPhone X (256GB)
- Rachio 16-Station Wi-Fi Compatible Irrigation Timer
- Edyn Garden Sensor
- iPhone X (256GB)
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Athena Safety Wearable
- iPhone X (256GB)
- Nest Thermostat
- Amazon Echo
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Unlocked
April 12th, 2018 starting 8:00 PM PST thru August 2, 2018 ending 11:59 PM PST
- Register with Hackster
- Submit your project using the MAX32620FTHR
- Share detailed instructions with images in the story section
- Share the bill of materials
- Share the electronics schematics
- Share the source code (optionally via Github or Bitbucket)
- Share the CAD files if any
April 12, 2018 at 8:00 PM PT
Applications for hardware close:
May 12, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
August 24, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
August 31, 2018
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on August 31, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 16 years of age and are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Challenges.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
- US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this Challenge; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Hackster employee.
- *You must follow Maxim Integrated on Hackster
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.