You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 16 and are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Challenges.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
- US. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not involved the execution or administration of this Challenge;and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Hackster employee.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- You must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- All ideas must be submitted in the English language.
- Your entry must be your own original work
- Presentation (20 points)
- The way you describe and present your idea. The easier to understand, the better!
- Solving a real problem (40 points)
- Are you building a product that solves a real world product? An original?
- Creativity (20 points)
- Be original, creative, an innovator
How to enter
- Click "Submit your idea" and fill in the template.
- Submit your product idea
- Tell is what problem are you solving?
- Is your product targetting a consumer or business audience?
- Explain why your product matters to the world today?
- Submissions close on 02/20/2016 11:59 AM
By entering this Contest you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- That Hackster’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
- That, by accepting a prize, Hackster may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of California, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, bot, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt or we have strong reason to believe that you have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future Contests, so please play fairly.