- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Do I need to participate in the idea contest to submit a project?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
No, you're welcome to submit an entry for the contest even if you haven't participated or won in the idea contest.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- You must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- All ideas must be submitted in the English language.
- Your entry must be your own original work
- Presentation (20 points)
- The way you describe and present your idea. The easier to understand, the better!
- Solving a real problem (40 points)
- Are you building a product that solves a real world product? An original?
- Creativity (20 points)
- Be original, creative, an innovator
- Win $6,000 worth of work from IngDan including product design review, evaluation and prototyping services.
- Win $4,000 worth of work from IngDan including product design review, evaluation and prototyping services.
- Win $2,000 worth of work from IngDan including product design review, evaluation and prototyping services.
- Click "Submit your idea" and fill in the template.
- Submit your product idea
- Tell is what problem are you solving?
- Is your product targetting a consumer or business audience?
- Explain why your product matters to the world today?
- Submissions close on 02/20/2016 11:59 AM
Idea contest winners will be announced by March 9, 2016. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
Contest winners will be announced on March 10, 2016. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 16 and are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development; and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Challenges.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
- US. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not involved the execution or administration of this Challenge;and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Hackster employee.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.