Use the Octoblu Platform with Drones!
This plugin uses your Gateblu host machine's BLE to interface to compatible Parrot BLE Minidrones (Airborner and Rolling Spider). You can use it to control a single drone or a swarm!STEPS
- Get an app.octoblu.com account!
- Install Gateblu!
- Satisfy pre-requisites for BLE
- Install the "Parrot Minidrones" Gateblu plugin.
- Configure Options
- Build a flow to send the "connect" command to initiate BLE connection.
- Control drones!
- Skynet takes over.
To get to the device options goto Things -> Connected Things - Drone Device
Control a Single Drone
Control Swarm of Specific Drones
MESSAGE SCHEMA AND USING THE PLUGIN IN A FLOWConnect Drones
If your drones are disconnected, Send the "connect" command to them using the configuration shown in this image.
NOTE: A Swarm takes 10 seconds to connect.
After a successful connect, send the takeOff command and your drone(s) should start flying!
- For a quick and easy web-panel to control your drone go to control.octoblu.com and connect one to your account.
- Then build a dashboard like the one shown
- Import this flow.https://app.octoblu.com/bluprints/import/e79a0c18-f1f6-470e-bb3c-ddd76e74fe3e
This flow takes the name of the button widget from control.octoblu as the command to send to your drone(s).