Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
A blood pressure monitoring system provides a useful tool for users to measure and manage their daily blood pressure values. This system can measure the blood pressure and heart rate and then store and forward the measuring information to the management through email. The email will contain the details of the blood pressure in a text file. the text file contains the details of the systolic, diastolic, and heart rates details.
In this project, I have created the classification of blood pressure and Emailing system using raspberry pi and BP SensorBlood Pressure Basics
Blood pressure is the pressure of the blood in the arteries as it is pumped around the body by the heart. When your heart beats, it contracts and pushes blood through the arteries to the rest of your body. This force creates pressure on the arteries. Blood pressure is recorded as two numbers— the systolic pressure (as the heart beats) over the diastolic pressure (as the heart relaxes between beats). The unit which measures this is called a Sphygmomanometer.
Monitoring blood pressure at home is essential for many people, especially if you have high blood pressure. Blood pressure does not stay the same all the time. It changes to meet your body’s needs. It is affected by various factors including body position, breathing or emotional state, exercise, and sleep. It is best to measure blood pressure when relaxed and sitting or lying down.Classification of blood pressure for adults (18 years and older)
Block Diagram of the System
All The BP Sensors available in the market are unsuitable to interface with the external microcontroller. Here I have used a Customized Bp sensor interface with the raspberry pi.BP Sensor
Here I have used a wrist wearable Blood pressure sensor. The sensor gives the data Output Through UART Communication.
- Intelligent automatic compression and decompression
- Easy to operate, switching button to start measuring
- 60 store groups memory measurements
- Can read single or all measures
- 3 minutes the automatic power-saving device
- Intelligent device debugging, automatic power to detect
- Local tests for wrist circumference as 135-195mm
- Large-scale digital liquid crystal display screen, Easy to Read Display
- Fully Automatic, Clinical Accuracy, High-accuracy
- Power by External +5V DC
- Serial output data for external circuit processing or display.
- Working Voltage: +5V, 200mA regulated
- Output Format:Serial Data at 9600 baud rate(8 bits data, No parity, 1 stop bits). Outputs three parameters in ASCII.
The sensing unit wire length is 2 meters
- TX-OUT = Transmit output. Output serial data of 3V logic level, Usually connected to RDX pin of microcontrollers/RS232/USB-UART.
- +5V = Regulated 5V supply input.
- GND = Board Common Ground
- Status = Indicates whether the BP sensor is active or Not.
Raspberry pi 3 B+ Is used in this project to receive the data from the BP Sensor and to process the data. The BP sensor provides the data through the UART Communication to Raspberry pi. The raspberry pi receives the data from the sensor Through the UART channel, The Sensor Baud rate is fixed to 9600 hence we need to set the baud rate settings of the Raspberry pi to 9600.
The output reading is an 8-bit value in ASCII format with fixed digits, from 000 to 255.
Typical reading will be like below where the three values are separated by a comma and space.
Example: 129, 107, 095
After Converting the values the data is classified by comparing the systolic and diastolic data according to Standard format.
For Emailing the report I have stored the converted data in a text format. after the classification, the file will be attached to the Email By creating subject details according to the Blood pressure data. For email, I have used SMTP Libraries.