- Open aws.amazon.com and then choose ‘Create a Free Account’
- Follow the online instructions.
- You will need a Valid Credit Card to set up your account I (you can use free tier)
- Sign in to your Console
IMPORTANT: Select US East (N. Virginia) region (upper right). This is the only region that currently supports Alexa Skill development.
At the bottom of the ‘Select Blueprint’ page, select "Next"
Then add Alexa Skill Kit as trigger as shown in the picture below:
Configure function name and upload zip provided in source code with node js 4.3
Click next to review your function and continue:
Note of the ARN as in the top we will use it latter in developer console. Take note of the ARN as in the picture we will use it latter in developer console. Open a new tab and go to the Developer Portal. Sign in or create a free account (upper right).
- Then select Alexa.
- Choose Alexa Skills Kit:
- Here is where you will define and manage your skill.
- Select “Add New Skill”:
- Make sure the radio button for the custom interaction model is selected for “Skill Type”.
Add the name of the skill. Add the invocation name. Select "Next".
Now, notice you're on the interaction model.
Next, we need to define our skill’s interaction model. Let’s begin with the intent schema. Copy this from the intent schema Below. Add slot with name "LIST_OF_ITEMS" with all recipes names as provided below. Also add sample utterance:
Add your ARN. Add publishing info as below and icons:
Finally click submit for certification after filling in the privacy and compliance section as below:
And enjoy Delicious Food Recipes.