Alexa, meet Eddy: IR Companion for Amazon Echo. Eddy is also my first son's name. He is only 2 months old but quickly I have learned that sometimes you have your hands full and the remote is no where to be found. I created this skill to help with Home Automation and being able to control your home IR devices. This skill has been very helpful over the past 2 months. This skill is on conjunction with a website I developed just for the skill.
I see a lot of Skills and how to guides that will take up a long time to setup. I wanted users to add this skill and use the companion website to setup and link their account and not worry about making their own skill. The website allows you to Add Activities and assign Commands in the order of how they will be executed with delay. The Companion website also allows to directly send the commands to your host/port.
- Have Global Cache IP2IR Device
- Have Access to your Router to Port Foward
- Have codes generated from the IP2IR
- Create Account on (https://eddy.tinyelectrons.com/index.php/users/beta )
- Setup Devices, Buttons, Activities, Commands, and Channels
- Go to to get the Pin, i.e.( PIN 1234)
- Link account via the skill
Yes. Account Linking is working. :)