Today, I share my experience of my first purchase of Adafruits Neopixel Rings with 12 pixels (= number of LEDs): The delivery came without a manual in a simple bag. I had decided to buy a cheap ring, so I would not be disappointed in the case of a defect, but the pixels made me smile quickly in the face.Step 0: Wiring
I used crocodile clips and did not use a breadboard.
- Close GND first (my black cable). On the back you find the names.
- Data input is usually linked to PIN 6 (my yellow cable) and the pixels are supplied
- with 5V + DC (my red cable).
To my great pleasure are no further, additional components like MOSFETs (you can check out my LED project with MOSFETs) necessary.
- Step 1: If necessary, read the Adafruit guide
- Step 2: import Adafruits Neopixels Libary into your project
- Step 3: look for a sample code - like the attached from and
- Step 4: flash to your device.
Can´t upload my videos to hackster - so you can´t see my smile in the face.
You will find more under my account.