I, like many Americans, have a mild case of hypertension. I measure my blood pressure regularly (ok, somewhat regularly), but I don't ever record the results. I thought about buying one of those smart BP monitors.... but I decided a cheaper option was to continue to use my old bp monitor and use Alexa to record the results.
I took the skill a step further by integrating it with my Mystic Mirror. The skill works stand-alone, but when used with the Mystic Mirror, it provides my latest readings, tells me my average BP, and lets me know the category (based on the American Heart Association).
The BP Log skill can do three things:
- Record your blood pressure ("Ask b. p. log to save my blood pressure as one twenty over eighty").
- Provide your average blood pressure based on your last ten recordings ("Ask b. p. log to tell me my average b. p. ")
- Export your last ten readings ("Tell b. p. log to export my history").
The code for this skill is attached and can be used immediately, with a few changes/additions:
- The TOPIC ARN variable needs to be updated if you plan to use this skill with a Mystic Mirror. See the Mystic Mirror instructions for more details.
- A DynamoDB table is needed for this still to work [Table Name: Magic_Mirror_BP; Primary partition key: Email (String); Primary sort key: DateOrder (Number)]
- Intents and Sample Utterances uploaded
- This skill authenticates using a Google email. See the Mystic Mirror instructions for more details.