- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
- How to test TCP connections?
- I can't search the module with the configuration tool. What I should do?
- Power LED does not light up i.e. device is not getting ON?
- What kind of communication mode does WIZ750SR (Serial to Ethernet) have?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements: To win a free WIZ750SR:
- You must create a free Hackster.io account and register as a participant for this contest.
- Your original idea must be submitted via the idea form.
- Ideas should be submitted in the English language.
- Your idea must include use of the WIZ750SR
To win one of the Grand Prizes:
- Your project must be created using a WIZ750SR
- Your project must be relevant to the theme of the contest.
- Your final project must be fully documented on Hackster with the project template.
- Your final project must be submitted using the project template.
- Your final project documentation must include the following:
a) Imagesb) Instructionsc) BOMd) Schematicse) Codef) CAD (if relevant to the project)
- your entry must be your own original work; and
- your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- your entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials.
Judging criteriaWinners are selected based on the following criteria:Project Documentation (60 points)
- Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or video
- BOM – Detail the hardware components as well as apps you used
- Schematics – Use software like Fritzing.org, draw your circuit diagrams, detailed photographs
- Code – Include working code with helpful comments
- CAD - showcase your complete vision with beautiful CAD designs, powered by Fusion 360
- Great photographs, videos, and screenshots are worth a thousand words. Ask yourself: "If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?"
- Project must clearly address the contest theme
Creativity (40 points)
- Your idea doesn't have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea).
- First Prize will receive: Cash.
- Most Creative will receive: 13" MacBook Pro.
- Best S2E Project will receive: iPad Pro.
- Runner-up will receive: Each runner up will receive $500 cash! 9 available (9 are available).
- Submit your idea by Apr 20th, 2018
- If you are not already a member, you will need to create a free Hackster.io account.
- Register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant" on the main contest page.
- Submit your idea by clicking "Apply to receive a WIZ750SR” and fill in the form.
- Teams of up to 3 people are allowed.
- Participant agrees to pay local tax at customs if applicable in order to receive the free WIZ750SR.
- Please wait a few days while we review and judge your idea submission.
How to submit your project to be eligible to win one of the grand prizes:*You can submit a project even if you didn't win a free WIZ750SR
- Build and submit your project by July 14th, 2018
- Build your project using the WIZ750SR
- Add a new project by clicking the + symbol at the top right side of the screen and following the submission template.
- Share detailed instructions with images in the story section
- Share the bill of materials
- Share the electronics schematics
- Share the source code (optionally via Github or Bitbucket)
- Share the CAD files (if relevant)
Project submissions open:
March 15, 2018 at 3:10 PM PT
Deadline to apply for free devices:
April 20, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
Winners announced by:
July 21, 2018
Project submissions close:
July 28, 2018 at 11:59 PM PT
Winners of free devices will be announced individually by email on a rolling basis.
Contest winners will be announced on July 21, 2018. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
- You are a hobbyist or professional in the field of technology development and
- If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this challenge.
- You are NOT a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria; and
- US. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this Challenge; and
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Hackster employee;
- You are not an WIZnet employee
To test the TCP connection of the products, you need to install the freeware tool to use on the PC.
Tool is a tool called Hercules and is provided by HW gruop.
(You can download it from the Download & Links menu on the link below.)
Hercules program is a program that can test communication such as Serial Tab / TCP Client / TCP Server / UDP.
Therefore, the module can be tested with the Hercules program by matching the network values.
Please refer to the following for the test method. (See photo below)
Search to the module in the configuration tool (Broadcast Search)
Set the network setting value and operation mode of the product. (Described as a TCP server)
Click the “Setting” icon at the top of the configuration tool. (Information storage)
Do a product search again to make sure the information is set.
Run the Hercules program. (PC Client)
Set the TCP Client tab and set the product’s IP and port accordingly.
If serial cable is connected to the product, communication test is possible.
The symptom of not searching in Configuration tool is as follows.
Set the virtual machine(virtual box) to disabled.
- Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center - You can see the list of networks connected to your PC when you change the adapter settings. From there, set all of your virtual machines to “Disable”.
- And search again with the configuration tool.
Disable Wi-Fi on your PC.
- Go to Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center - Change the adapter settings and set Wi-Fi to “Disable”.
- And search again with the configuration tool.
It doesn’t solve search, the workaround is to check the following:
- Make sure that the LAN cable is working properly.
- Check that the LAN cable is defective.
- If there is no problem with the LAN cable, connect the product directly to the PC 1:1 and search with the configuration tool.
- If it is search, check the connected network structure.
- When testing in a corporate network area, If can block the search IP / Port of the configuration tool in the corporate network system. Please check this part. The configuration tool uses ports 50001 and 50002.
- If not, check the switch (router).
- Please check if the router is working.
- There is a possibility that the LAN port of the router is broken. Please replace it with another router.
WIZ750SR, WIZ750SR-100, WIZ750SR-105, three products use 3.3V voltage.
If you are using a 5V / 1A or 2A adapter, you will need an interface board with a 5V to 3.3V conversion LDO.
Therefore, all products using 3.3V have EVB separately. There is a 5V input 3.3V output LDO built in the EVB.
The WIZ750SR-110 has an internal LDO, which can be used by connecting a 5V / 1A or 2A adapter.
If the power LED does not light up, you may suspect the following:
- When 3.3V is applied with jumper cable,
- Please check if the power is normal. (Check VCC, GND connection)
a. If you touched the board and it is too hot, there is a good chance you have connected VCC and GND in reverse.
b. Make sure that the VCC and GND pins are correct and reconnect.
c. If the power LED still does not light up, the board may be damaged.
d. Please send A / S.
- When using EVB,
- Please check if the power adapter is 5V 1A or 2A.
- Make sure that the port of the power adapter matches the DC-JACK attached to the EVB.
- Make sure that the power adapter is properly connected.
a. If the LDO of the EVB is too hot, it is possible that the component is defective.
- Please check if power switch is ON.
- If the power LED still does not light up, please send A / S.
It basically explains to Serial to ethernet.
Ethernet communication modes has TCP Server / TCP Client / TCP Mixed / UDP mode of Serial to Ethernet.
- TCP Server mode sets the product to TCP server and waits for a connection from the Client. (listen mode)
- If you think easily, you can think that you are waiting for the other person’s call.
- TCP Client mode is set the product as TCP client, and try to connect using the IP address and port number of the TCP Server you want to connect.
- If you think easily, it is the act of calling the other party.
- TCP Mixed mode is available in both TCP server / TCP client mode.
- When a connection request comes from a TCP client, it acts as a TCP server. If there is a TCP server to connect, it acts as a TCP client and connects to the TCP server.
- UDP mode is different from TCP communication. In other words, It different the operation of protocol.
- Unlike TCP, it is a protocol that does not require the concept of connection request and connection.
- UDP simply sends the same data to all physically connected networks by specifying the IP and port to send data to.
- Then all the PCs or products that are physically connected receive the data and check if they are self-data. If their IP and PORT are different, they do not receive data. If the IP and PORT match their own, they will accept the data.
- That is, if you throw data that is not a connection concept to everyone who is connected, everyone is in the form to check if they are their data and if so, take them.
Please refer to the link below for further explanation.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.