We're inviting those who enjoy creating solutions that simplify things, make them more efficient and free up time, reduce errors in work processes, reads data in real-time rather than the next day or simply make the days more entertaining. Unleash your creativity on unexplored areas or take on existing solutions but make them better, clever or more simple. We welcome developers to join this contest and contribute to make an impact to people's professional and personal lives.
The Spresense development board is a compact development board based on Sony’s power-efficient multicore microcontroller CXD5602. This board is very versatile and caters to a large range of applications with potential to improve real world situations, such as:
- GPS tracking
- Music and entertainment applications
- AI solutions
- Monitoring of industrial production processes
- Sensor control
- Smart image recognition
Spresense is supported by the Arduino IDE and the more advanced NuttX-based SDK.
- Integrated GPS - the embedded GNSS with support for GPS and GLONASS enables applications where tracking is required.
- Hi-res audio output and multi mic inputs - Advanced 192kHz/24 bit audio codec and amplifier for audio output, and support for up to 8 mic input channels.
- Multicore microcontroller - Spresense is powered by Sony's CXD5602 microcontroller (ARM® Cortex®-M4F × 6 cores), with a clock speed of 156 MHz.
The Spresense Extension board makes the Spresense development board compatible with selected Arduino shields, and there is also a set of add-on boards that connects directly to the main board that provides additional functionality such as BLE and sensor inputs. All the information you need to get started with your project is available at the Spresense developer web site: developer.sony.com/spresense.
No board? No problem!
We’re giving away 100 Sony Spresense Boards & Extension Boards (you get both!) AND 25 of the new Spresense Camera Boards to the best ideas submitted on or before December 6th, 2018. Click over to the Apply for Hardware tab to fill out an application.
Don't worry if you miss the deadline! You can buy your own Sony Spresense board here ($70 USD).
The top twelve project submissions using the new Sony Spresense Board will be awarded some nifty prizes, including a top-of-the-line PS4 Pro & VR Bundle!
The Most Creative Spresense Project Overall
The Best GPS Project using Spresense
The Best Use of Spresense' Multicore Microcontroller
The Best Audio or Microphone Project
- Ramona Rayner - Partner Manager, Sony Developer Program
- Anna Aleryd - Communications Manager, Sony Developer Program
- Daniel Sandblom - Tech Marketing Manager, Sony Developer Program
- Karl Komierowski - Developer Program Engineer, Sony Developer Program
The Sony team and other participants are accessible for help and questions on the contest discussion tab.
Here are some more resources to get you started:
Gain reputation points!
Earn reputation points for participating in this contest:
- Submit an application to receive a free device: 5 points
- Your submitted hardware application wins: 50 points
- Submit a project entry: 10 points
- Submit a project entry 30 days before the deadline: 50 points
- Be among the first 10 to submit a project entry: 50 points
- Your submitted project entry wins the contest: 250 points
November 15, 2018 at 8:00AM PT
Applications for hardware close
December 6, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
Hardware recipients announced
December 13, 2018 at 11:59PM PT
March 4, 2019 at 11:59PM PT
Winners announced by
March, 11 2019