- Did I win the contest? When will I receive my prize?
- Free hardware application: Do I have to submit a project entry if I receive free hardware?
- Free hardware application: How many free devices are available?
- Free hardware application: How many ideas can I submit?
- Free hardware application: I was notified that I was selected to receive one of free devices. When will I receive it?
- Free hardware application: What happens if I receive free hardware and do not submit a project entry?
- Free hardware application: What kind of idea is more likely to win free hardware?
- I submitted my project but it says "Awaiting moderation". Will it affect my eligibility?
- My project is locked and I can't edit it anymore. Why is that?
- Somebody copied my entry! What can I do?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the judging criteria?
- What are the prizes?
- What are the steps to enter the contest?
- What is the contest timeline?
- When will winners be announced? Where can I see the list?
- Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a winner, we will contact you directly via email to arrange the shipment of your prize.
Participants who receive free hardware and do not submit a project may be ineligible for future giveaways unless the hardware is returned.
If you receive free hardware and become unable to submit a project, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know as soon as possible. We may choose to arrange for the hardware to be shipped to another participant.
To be eligible for judging, you must meet ALL of the following requirements unless otherwise stated:
- You must be registered as a participant for this contest.
- You must create an myInfineon account.
- Your entry must be your own original work.
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other Hackster contest.
- Your team is no more than 5 members per entry.*
*By entering a submission to this contest on behalf of a team, you acknowledge that you are the designated representative authorized to act on behalf of your team. (See full rules below for details)
Hardware Application Requirements
Note: If you choose to submit an application for free hardware, you must meet the following requirements. If not, continue to 'Hardware/Software Build Requirements' below.
- Your hardware application must be submitted via the online application form found on the contest page’s “apply for hardware” tab.
- Your hardware application must be written in English.
- Your hardware application must use CAPSENSE™ technology
- Your hardware application must be submitted by Oct 31, 2022 at 5:00 PM PT.
Hardware/Software Build Requirements
- Your project must be created using the CAPSENSE™ technology
- All PSoC 4 MCUs needs firmware and to develop an application, ModusToolbox™ or PSoC creator IDEs from Infineon are encouraged. Bonus points will be awarded for using ModusToolbox™ for developing firmware.
Project Documentation Requirements
- Your project must include a project name, short project description, cover image, bill of materials (BOM), full instructions, images, and relevant resource files (schematics, code, CAD).
- Your project must be written in English.
- Your project must be submitted by Feb 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM PT.
Your project will be judged according to the rubric below.
- Innovation/Creativity (30 points) Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand-new idea).
- Customer value (5 points) Illustrate how your solution is solving a market problem in a cost-effective way.
- Project Documentation (20 points) Story/Instructions - Show how you created your project, including images, screenshots, and/or a video demonstration of your solution working as intended. Ask yourself: “If I were a beginner reading this project, would I understand how to recreate it?”.
- Code & Contribution (10 points) Include working code with helpful comments.
- Complete Schematics, BOM & Layout (10 points) Draw your circuit diagrams using software (e.g. Fritzing.org) and/or take detailed photographs. Detail the hardware, software and/or tools use.
- A functioning hardware unit (15 points) Show your skills with a functioning piece of hardware, highlighting your idea and solving the application problem.
- ModusToolbox™ Bonus (10 points) Participants get an additional bonus for using Infineon’s latest IDE ModusToolbox™ for software development.
- 1st Place: $3000 E-Giftcard
- 2nd Place: Sonos Five Speaker ($549 value)
- 3rd Place: Garmin VivoActive 4 ($350 value)
Step 1: Register for the Contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member).
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant”.
Step 2: Build and Document Your Project
- Build your project according to the submission requirements.
- Document your project build using Hackster’s project template. To create a new project, click “create new project” on the contest page or the “+” symbol in the top right corner of your Hackster page.
Step 3: Review and submit your project
- Review your project and make sure it meets all the submission requirements.
- Upload a previously created project by clicking “add existing project” on the contest page.
- Submit your project by Feb 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM PT by clicking “review and submit project” on the contest page.
September 1, 2022 at 12:00 PM PT
Applications for hardware close:
October 31, 2022 at 5:00 PM PT
Hardware recipients announced:
November 10, 2022
February 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM PT
March 16, 2023
Free devices winners will be announced by November 10, 2022. The list of winners will be visible on the Apply for hardware tab.
Contest winners will be announced on March 16, 2023. The list of winners will be visible on the main page (Contest brief).
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are at least 13 years of age
If you are 12 years or younger, you must receive a legal guardian's permission and have them complete Hackster’s contest permission form prior to submitting an entry into this contest. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not a resident of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria
US export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to the countries listed above, therefore residents of these countries are not eligible to participate in this challenge.
- Due to a temporary logistics suspension from our shipping carriers, we are not able to ship hardware to participants located in Russia or Ukraine.
- You are not involved in the execution or administration of this contest.
- You are not an immediate family member or household member of a Hackster employee.
Couldn't find an answer to your question? Email us.