We live in an increasingly digitized and interconnected world, and Infineon is at the forefront of this trend. Our CAPSENSE™ technology has allowed for the replacement of over six billion mechanical buttons with more efficient and reliable capacitive sensors, not only saving a device’s energy but also providing more data feedback on use.
CAPSENSE™ based products are found everywhere, including smartphones, wearables, automotive dashboards, home appliances, and printers. Buttons, sliders, trackpads, joysticks....the technology has redefined the way we interact with modern tools and objects, and the future opportunity is still waiting to be unlocked.
Infineon is calling upon developers to explore more creative human-machine interface (HMI) applications and projects that leverage CAPSENSE™ to show how powerful this technology can be. The grand prize winner will be given a $3000 virtual gift card!Technology
Compared to a mechanical button-based design, a CAPSENSE™ based user interface:
- Does not involve moving parts and will not wear out over time
- Can be completely sealed to prevent moisture from seeping in
- Does not require force to operate
- Results in reduced BOM cost
- Offers more flexibility in button shape, size, and graphical representation for your overall design
We believe by reinventing and innovating with human-machine interactions, we can greatly enhance product design strategies and transform user experience - not only improve esthetics but also provide safer functionalities.
For example, in high torque power tools, a smart grip detection feature can utilize inductive or capacitive sensing to ensure proper and safe use of the tool by looking for handle deformation and the amount of grip covered. For tools that have a trigger switch, a non-contact-based position detection feature can be implemented using a capacitive or inductive slider array.
So what would be the next evolution of HMI innovation? Underwater touch? Whole camera touch? Gesture control? Proximity wakeup? We are looking for projects built by passionate individuals who can help us realize that vision.Hardware Giveaway
We are awarding free hardware to the best 100 project proposals that demonstrate a solution for changing the future face of HMI.
We have 2 types of developer kits to enable you to evaluate and build with Infineon's fourth-generation, low-power CAPSENSE™ solution.
1) The PSoC™ 4100S Capsense Pioneer Kit demonstrates a touch array with capacitive sensing technology. Remove the outer plastic cover and you will find a typical Arduino header to interface to any custom sensor designs!
2) The PSoC™ 4700S Inductive Sensing Evaluation Kit is a low-cost hardware platform that enables the design and debugging of the PSoC™ 4700S MCU. This kit has demo buttons and a proximity sensor, and an FPC connector is provided to evaluate various interfaces, such as a rotary encoder.
Go to the hardware application tab and fill out the questionnaires by November 23rd for your chance to receive one of the featured kits.
Already have PSoC technology lying around? Want to get a jump on your project and purchase your own? You aren’t limited to the hardware supply we’re giving away, you can build your project based on any of the products in the PSoC 4 Portfolio & PSoC 6 Portfolio.Getting Started
Watch this 1-hour webinar that covers:
- An overview of the CAPSENSE™ solution from Infineon Technologies
- Applications for CAPSENSE™
- A demo showing how to implement CAPSENSE™ technology using ModusToolbox™ development tools on the PSoC™ 62S2 Wi-Fi BT Pioneer Kit.
Watch this live unboxing of the contest hardware from Alex Glow and learn about the hardware components that comes in the devkit!
A $3000 virtual gift card
Elevate your listening experience with vividly clear and spacious stereo sound.
Tune in to your body, and tone up with a smartwatch that can track it all and help you reach your health and fitness goals.
A panel from Infineon product marketing team and application engineers will be judging all submissions.
Infineon is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer, and greener. Our solutions for efficient energy management, smart mobility, and secure, seamless communications link the real and the digital world.
September 1, 2022 at 12:00PM PT
Applications for hardware close
November 23, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
Hardware recipients announced
November 30, 2022 at 5:00PM PT
February 28, 2023 at 5:00PM PT
Winners announced by
Mar 16, 2023