The Internet of Things presents vast opportunities and challenges to businesses, including some unique security challenges when the digital and physical worlds converge. We've partnered with Microsoft Azure to bring you our first Enterprise Grade IoT competition, using the Azure IoT Suite.
Build Enterprise-Grade Apps with The Azure IoT Hub Using Any Hardware, Service or Software!
Calling all hardware developers to tap the all powerful Microsoft Azure IoT Hub to easily and securely connect your Internet of Things (IoT) assets. Create projects that use device-to-cloud telemetry data to understand the state of your devices and assets, in cloud-to-device messages, reliably send commands and notifications to your connected devices—and track message delivery with receipts:
- App Service: Design web and mobile apps for any platform and any device
- Machine Learning: Create powerful cloud-based predictive analytics
- Stream Analytics: Build real-time stream processing
We're looking for IoT projects that solve problems in the following industries:
Ready to go? Check the Azure SDK & code samples on Github.
Check out this sample gallery to get you inspired.
Step 1: Register To Participate
Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in if already a member) and register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant." Then sign up and get $200 in Azure credits. With Azure you will get full access to explore any service you want.
- As a starting point for your own IoT solutions.
- To learn about common patterns in IoT solution design and development.
Step 2: Submit Your Project
- Build and document your project by filling out the hackster project template
- Describe your design that will connect the Azure IoT Service to your hardware of choice.
- Include plenty of details: what are you creating? What does it do? Why is it cool? Give ample of technical information.
- Check out this project on Hackster to get inspired.
- Your final project must consist of the following:
- Quality images;
- Clear instructions;
- BOM and schematics;
- Source code; comlete and ready for replication
- Use any hardware/software combnation as long as it includes Microsoft Azure
Predict equipment failures before they happen, and systematically prevent them—even for millions of machines spread across the globe. Predictive maintenance solutions take advantage of streaming data from sensors and devices to recognize warning signs, predict when equipment needs maintenance, and preemptively service that equipment before costly repairs are needed.
How do you know if your oil pipes located in remote Alaska need repairs? Now, assets located anywhere can be monitored from afar. Remote monitoring solutions collect live data from assets, and use that data to trigger automatic alerts and operational actions based on current conditions, such as remote diagnostics and maintenance requests. Go from a manual, costly procedure to one that is dynamic and automated using IoT data.
Best In Show
Best Project - Energy
Best Project - Buildings
Best Project - Manufacturing
Best Project - Transportation
Best Project - Cities
Applications for hardware close
December 31, 1969 at 4:00PM PT
June 30, 2016 at 8:00AM PT
September 18, 2016 at 7:59PM PT
Winners announced by
October, 7 2016