The origin of this project is the ROSE (Robotics and Embedded Systems) course at Telecom ParisTech. A last year course in the Embedded Systems specialization.
The team members are Benjamin AUCLAIR, Xavier CHAPRON, Benoît COLAS and Alexandre NAHUM.
We will be guided during the project realization by Alexis POLTI and Samuel TARDIEU, who are the professors responsible for the ROSE course.
The main objective of this project is to design an embedded system that will be able to monitor someone breathing and heart rate, and especially post-hospitalized people. Moreover, this device, will be able to analyze these signals in order to warn the patient and his medical team in case of a disorder.
Eventually, by being wireless, this device will allow the patient to come back home earlier than normal.
The device should be able:
- To obtain and store signals from heart and breathing sensors.
- To obtain information from patient physical activity.
- To analyze those signals in order to detect disorders.
- To warn the patient and his medical team in case of a disorder.
- To send frequent updates from patient health state to the medical team.
It should also be:
- Self-sufficient in terms of power for at least 3 days.
- Really small (70x70x20mm) and light (150g).
We will do our best to keep this page update of our project progress and you will find more information in our logbook.