Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
Many of us have seen the dark side of life and those poor souls among us , who lost their way in life with drugs and substance abuse.
This is a badge of hope, made to promote awareness against drug abuse and wishing recovery for those peoples.Hardware Build
Base: It's built on a 4 x 6 cm protoboard with ATmega32A DIP package which has lots of IO pins.
Display: 12 GPIO pins to drive the 7-segment CC bubble display.
Power: Power from LiPo or external source.
ADC & DIP switch: 8 channel ADC pins with 10k switchable pullup through dip
Input Push Buttons: 3 input push switches on INT 0, 1, 2 pins
Extra I/O pins: Available through male pin headers (color coded)
Red = Vcc, Black = Gnd, Yellow = ADC, Blue = UART/SPI, Black(left) = GPIO
Connection and Insulation: All the components are interconnected and soldered on the bottom side of the badge according to the schematic (see below).
To provide electrical insulation and mechanical strength, interconnection is coated with a layer of hot glue.What It Does ?
- It can be worn as a badge on 26th June, International Day Against Drug Abuse
- or it may be used to express something without saying !
- For hacksters, it definitely can find a way into their next projects.
To program the badge, an Arduino UNO is required to act as an ISP programmer. The method is known as Arduino as ISP, details about this can be found here.
To program the Atmega32A with Arduino IDE, this instructable will be helpful.
It is essentially an Atmega32A development board with :-
- Power (LiPo Battery)
- Input (3 push switches, 8 pos dip switch)
- Output (4 digit seven segment display)
With all the extra GPIO pins avaliable, It can be utilized to jump-start any ADC/PWM/SPI/UART based project development.
Some projects where it may be used :
- Timer/stopwatch/clock projects
- ADC test board for LDR/thermistor/resistor
- Sensor based projects (I2C excluded)
- Programmable controller based projects (thermostat)
- Mini games (pocket slot machine)
Let's hope someday, people will stop doing drugs and start finding interest in creative things and wonderful hobbies !
They will spend their time, energy and money on something like building hardware, programming, cooking, sewing, painting, gardening instead of drugs.