Lightweight and powerful Internet of Things hardware development platform to enable any idea to be connected to the Internet, providing a seamless connectivity for most indoor and outdoor aplications, running forever on batteries.
The RE-Mote is a hardware development platform to build real IoT (Internet of Things) applications and products, aimed to high skilled developers as well as Makers (Do-It-Yourself enthusiasts) and early beginners, providing an industry-ready and resilient hardware solution for most Smart Cities, Home Comfort, eHealth and Industrial applications. The RE-Mote conciliates an ultra-low power consumption with a high performance design, meeting specifications of processing resources, security and resilient operation.
The RE-Mote features a Zoul as its core module and it is bundled with the following features:
- ARM Cortex-M3 with 512KB flash and 32KB RAM (16KB retention), 32MHz.
- ISM 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 & Zigbee compliant.
- ISM 868-, 915-, 920-, 950-MHz ISM/SRD Band.
- On-board RF switch to programatically select RF itnerfaces. Above RF interfaces can be used alternatively over a single RP-SMA connector for external antenna, or simultaneously by using an UFl pigtail or soldering an internal ceramic chip antenna (available on request).
- AES-128/256, SHA2 Hardware Encryption Engine.
- ECC-128/256, RSA Hardware Acceleration Engine for Secure Key Exchange.
- Power consumption down to 300nA using our shutdown mode.
- Programming over BSL without requiring to press any button to enter bootloader mode.
- Built-in battery charger (500mA), Energy Harvesting and Solar Panels to be connected to standards LiPo batteries.
- Power input with wide range 3.7-26VDC.
- On-board micro USB connector for USB 2.0 applications.
- RGB LED to allow more than 7 colour combinations.
- On-board nano-watt RTC.
- User and Reset buttons.
- On-board Micro-SD for external storage.
- On-board external Watchdog Timer (WDT) for resilient operation.
- Small form-factor of 73x40 mm.
The most prominent feature of the RE-Mote is its ultra low-power implementation, allowing a flexible and time/date-aware control of the platform operation modes by introducing a real-time clock (RTC), nanowatt external timer, ultra-low power PIC governing the battery manager, etc.
The RE-Mote features an optional custom-made enclosure to fit most scenarios, allowing to easily connect sensors, actuators and rechargeable LiPo batteries. Its on-board RP-SMA antenna eliminates the need to mechanize an external antenna, allowing to alternatively use either a sub-1GHz or 2.4GHz antenna, or a multiband one.
The external WDT with battery monitor allows a robust and resilience operation for most critical applications.