Lightweight and powerful Internet of Things hardware development platform to enable any idea to be connected to the Internet, providing a seamless connectivity for most indoor and outdoor aplications, running forever on batteries.
The RE-Mote is a hardware development platform to build real IoT (Internet of Things) applications and products, aimed to high skilled developers as well as Makers (Do-It-Yourself enthusiasts) and early beginners, providing an industry-ready and resilient hardware solution for most Smart Cities, Home Comfort, eHealth and Industrial applications. The RE-Mote conciliates an ultra-low power consumption with a high performance design, meeting specifications of processing resources, security and resilient operation.
The RE-Mote features a Zoul as its core module and it is bundled with the following features:
- ARM Cortex-M3 with 512KB flash and 32KB RAM (16KB retention), 32MHz.
- ISM 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 & Zigbee compliant.
- ISM 868-, 915-, 920-, 950-MHz ISM/SRD Band.
- On-board RF switch to programatically select RF itnerfaces. Above RF interfaces can be used alternatively over a single RP-SMA connector for external antenna, or simultaneously by using an UFl pigtail or soldering an internal ceramic chip antenna (available on request).
- AES-128/256, SHA2 Hardware Encryption Engine.
- ECC-128/256, RSA Hardware Acceleration Engine for Secure Key Exchange.
- Power consumption down to 300nA using our shutdown mode.
- Programming over BSL without requiring to press any button to enter bootloader mode.
- Built-in battery charger (500mA), Energy Harvesting and Solar Panels to be connected to standards LiPo batteries.
- Power input with wide range 3.7-26VDC.
- On-board micro USB connector for USB 2.0 applications.
- RGB LED to allow more than 7 colour combinations.
- On-board nano-watt RTC.
- User and Reset buttons.
- On-board Micro-SD for external storage.
- On-board external Watchdog Timer (WDT) for resilient operation.
- Small form-factor of 73x40 mm.
The most prominent feature of the RE-Mote is its ultra low-power implementation, allowing a flexible and time/date-aware control of the platform operation modes by introducing a real-time clock (RTC), nanowatt external timer, ultra-low power PIC governing the battery manager, etc.
The RE-Mote features an optional custom-made enclosure to fit most scenarios, allowing to easily connect sensors, actuators and rechargeable LiPo batteries. Its on-board RP-SMA antenna eliminates the need to mechanize an external antenna, allowing to alternatively use either a sub-1GHz or 2.4GHz antenna, or a multiband one.
The external WDT with battery monitor allows a robust and resilience operation for most critical applications.
Z1 is equipped with a second generation MSP430F2617 low power microcontroller, which features a powerful 16-bit RISC CPU @16MHz clock speed, built-in clock factory calibration, 8KB RAM and a 92KB Flash memory. Also includes the well known CC2420 transceiver, IEEE 802.15.4 compliant, which operates at 2.4GHz with an effective data rate of 250Kbps. Z1 hardware selection guarantees the maximum efficience and robustness with low energy cost.
- Ultra-Low Power MCU and 2.4GHz Transceiver
- 2 x Digital Built-in sensors (temperature and 3-axis accelerometer)
- USB Programming Ready
- Flexible Powering: Battery Pack (2xAA or 2xAAA), Coin Cell (up to 3.6V), USB Powered, Directly Connected through two wires comming from a power source. USB VCC and GND pins are available on the digital buses expansion port. You can connect to this pins any power of source from 4V to 5.25V and it will be regulated to 5V and 3V.
The firefly includes a PCB antenna for the Sub-1GHz interface, as well as 2 x u.Fl connectors for 2.4GHz and sub-1GHz external antennas.
The firefly can be programmed and debugged over JTAG and USB. The board has a CP2104 USB to serial converter with a PIC, it allows to program the CC2538 without having to manually to put the device in bootloader mode.