The human brain has amazed people throughout the ages. It is no wonder that people enjoy learning facts about this incredible organ in the human body.
This Skill includes 100 facts about the brain including how it works, how it develops, what it controls, how it affects sleep, dreams, and memory, and more, which is very interesting.
- Go to the AWS Console and click on the Lambda link. Note: ensure you are in us-east or you won't be able to use Alexa with Lambda.
- Click on the Create a Lambda Function .
- elect a blank function and configure "Alexa skill kit" as trigger
- Name the Lambda Function "AmazingBrain".
- Select the runtime as Node.js 4.3
- upload zip file attached below as code
- Select Code entry type as "Upload a .ZIP file" and then upload the .zip file to the Lambda
- Keep the Handler as index.handler (this refers to the main js file in the zip).
- Create a basic execution role and click create.
- Leave the Advanced settings as the defaults.
- Click "Next" and review the settings then click "Create Function"
- Copy the ARN from the top right to be used later in the Alexa Skill Setup.
- Go to the Alexa Console and click Add a New Skill.
- Set "Amazing Brain" as the skill name and "amazing brain" as the invocation name, this is what is used to activate your skill. For example you would say: "Alexa, Ask amaing brain for a fact."
- Select the Lambda ARN for the skill Endpoint and paste the ARN copied from above. Click Next.
- Copy the Intent Schema from the included IntentSchema.
- Copy the Sample Utterances from the included SampleUtterances. Click Next.
- In order to test it, try to say some of the Sample Utterances
User: "Alexa, ask amazing brain for a fact" Alexa: "here's your fact:...."
- Your skill is now saved and once you are finished testing you can continue to publish your skill.
- submit to certification