MultiBoard is a programma that can be used to connected multiple keyboards to a Windows computer. And then reprogram the input of these keyboards. For example, open an application or run AutoHotkeyscript when a certain key is pressed.
To get this working you need an Arduino and a USB host shield to intercept the keystrokes.Supplies:
Hardware components (total $10):Step 1: Assemble Hardware
- Put the Arduino host shield onto the Arduino UNO
- Align the pins (images for reference)
- Push the shield down.
- Connect the USB cable.
Download and install from:Step 3: USB Host Library
Add the USBHID library to Arduino IDE
- Download library from https://github.com/Tygo-bear/MultiBoard
Copy this folder:
Documents\Arduino\librariesStep 4: Arduino Code
- Open the code in the Arduino IDE:
- Get a UUID from https://www.uuidgenerator.net/ and copy it.
- Paste it in the dynamicID variable (see image for reference).
- Flash the code onto the Arduino.
- Connect your second keyboard with the USB host shield.
Get the latest stable version from: