The goal of this project was to create something that converts rotary motion to linear motion. Instead of using gears, I decided to use cams because I like the bobbly motion of cams.
Because this was my first laser cutting experience, I had some confusion printing Adobe Illustrator. But after three days in the design lab, I was finally able to print with proficiency. The part that did take the longest was designing on illustrator therefore I am pretty satisfied with how my little cats look like. However the mechanics didn't work as ell as I had hoped. Because the cams were a big, the wheel would sometimes get jammed. Also the holes that are holding the cats is a too big so instead of just going up and down, they would wobble all over the place. It would help if I had put something under to hold the sticks in place.
As for the Ardruino part, I had much more difficulty thinking of a design than I had previously thought. Using the origami I created from the last assignment, I made a contraption that made my origami heart beat. However, I had trouble making it a foundation for the heart as well as attaching a string to it so that the motion actually shows. In the end, I just strung a string through the accordion heart.