As joyful father of a month old boy, I have seen mine & my spouse's life change completely. There are many moments, laughs & many tasks. And for "tasks" any parent would agree, there are a lot.
Let me give some quick stats for a baby in their first year
- Average bowel movement per day - 10
- Average number of diaper changes per month - 260
- Average number of feeds per day - 6
That comes out to
- Min Tasks or Events / Day = 24
- Approx Tasks or Events (that need to be tracked) / Year = 8760
- If tracking each took 1 min, a new Parent spends 146 hrs or ~6 days tracking
But that does not happen all the time. When a child cries in hunger, discomfort, last thing a parent can think of is to find a worksheet, search for a clock & note things.
And in this joyful, but tedious, everyday rigour, it's hard for parents to find pattern for their well being & their child's.
- Helps you track those little, but important things, without taking your presence away from the baby
- Helps parents, find sense of personal well being through empathy & advice
- Aids in managing tasks & communicating them with spouses or co-parents*
- By being present across multiple assistance platforms, at home & outside
- Learning about your patterns relevant to your child's care & yourself as a parent. And using that to predict & advice*
- Being there with you, at 2 am in the night, as you try to rock your little baby to sleep
Shows how response changes when similar events happen quickly in short intervals. For e.g. if baby poops frequently, it would make that observation, but going through the past intervals
* Part of future feature set