In a world where many individuals are increasingly occupied in work , taking care of their garden has become a time consuming task .They are left with little time to tend to their garden owing to the time and work involved in it. Though automated garden monitoring systems are available , certain actions like sweeping ,pulling up weeds,etc. require time and manual labour. This difficulty can be overcome by a robot specially for gardening purposes making gardening a hassle free experience .
This robot allows the user to monitor and maintain the garden remotely.Regular updates about gardening activities, updated in cloud database, will be sent through an android application to the user.The use of multiple sensors allows datato be collectedas little or as often as desired. With this robot, labour costs will be minimized besides considerable amount of time would also be saved. Power requirements for the robot will be met using rechargeable batteries and will also make use of solar energy when available.Various functions and the data is processed as per requirement. This helps the user to spend less time tending to plants and more time enjoying the beauty of the garden.
Functions performed by the robot:
1. The robot sweeps the garden clean and dumps the yard and leaf waste once a day.
2. It also waters the plants with a smart sprinkler system twice a day and can also be set to water plants according to soil moisture.The user can also instruct the robot about the watering time via data dashboard.
3. It mows the lawn and pulls up weeds weekly once ,the time settings for which can be instructed to the robot via data dashboard.
4. It also collects real time databy employing several analog and digital sensors, such as light, temperature, humidity, and soil moisture sensors and updates it regularly through the app.
5. It is also attached with surveillance camera which provides garden security .The cameras can be accessed remotely from the smartphone or desktop.
6. It can also detect any obstacle in its path and redirect itself accordingly.
7. The photocell fitted to the robot is switched ON automatically when the external light fades away.
8. The robot provides the user with all relevant garden information in the form of charts through the application and also allows it to be instructed using the application.