In many areas you need to know if electric power or internet connectivity is available. For example, if you run food store you want to know if electric power is available. If not, your fridge doesn't work.
This device sends alarm using Sigfox network.
This device monitors avaibility of electric power. Just connect this device to power socket using 5 V DC adapter and if there is no power at power socket it sends message. Message is sent only when power source (power socket vs. battery module) changed.
You can connect this device to PC and run ping.py application to chcek if internet is available. It is recommended to modify application for your needs. If you lost connectivity device sends message.
- byte - 0x79 'y' device has power on USB, 0x6E 'n' no power on USB connector
- byte - 0x6F 'o' connectivity is available, 0x65 'e' no connectivity
- byte - battery voltage, to get voltage add 100 and divide by 100
6e - running on battery
6f - last information about internet connectivity was OK
a8 - battery level is 2.68V, (168 + 100) / 100
- Core Module or Core Module NR
- Mini Battery Module
- Sigfox Module if you have Sigfox contract or Sigfox Module with Subscription of MySigfox Platinum Service for 3 Years with Sigfox contract
You will need to uplod firmaware to Core Module. Use BigClown Firmware instruction.
- LoRa Module
- Change ping.py to monitor internet connectivity as you need. For example ping your own server.