I wanted to create a small and portable multi-purpose box with a motion and temperature sensor that would turn on/off a power relay. This would allow me to take it anywhere and "reprogram" it from mobile with Cayenne.
Some possible uses
- Set up an SMS/email alert in the presence of motion
- Turn on/off a heater when the temperature changes
- Turn on/off a lamp when the sun rises/sets
This is very basic, but there are many uses for a device with these sensors.
- The temperature and motion sensor and relay are connected to my Raspberry Pi
- My Raspberry Pi is connected to Cayenne
Photos including my dashboard screen
1 / 3 • Dashboard with the device in the background