Kids watching TV, but the sound is too loud.
You are looking for the remote control to make it quitter but, it hides under the sofa.
In this scenario, I came out with the idea on static volume control.Starting project
I wanted a small, decorative and static remote control, that can be on my salon table.
It will be nice if it can remote more then one device (like sound receiver).The Challenges
- Understanding that the device has to be small as Amazon DOT, forces me to use Arduino nano.
- I used the IRremote library -that is simple to use.
- To get the TV and sound receiver I assemble a simple board that uses a IR receiver- then I used the devices RC to get the IR code into the terminal.
- I used the rotary encoder (see components) that have endless rotation, button and 2 leds.
- I realized that while using a 9V battery, have around 600 mAh, and when testing the device - there was consumption of 23 mA- that means that the buttery life is around 27h- not enough. So I had to use a Power Save mode. After implementing the SavePower future, and cutting the power led- I got a consumption of 2.2 mA - that means up to 11 days without replacing battery, Not the best but good enough.
- Pressing the rotary switch will wake up the device, to the previous mode.
- Rotating clockwise will increase the volume.
- Rotating counter clockwise will decrease the volume.
- Pressing the rotary switch while device awake, will change the control device mode and rotary leds, and mute one device. - Green led means controlling the TV volume and Red led means controlling the sound receiver volume.
- The control will enter sleep mode 10 seconds after last operation.