This project is about making Smart System using BoltIOT kit which will send the notification via SMS automatically (send by system) to house owner when the intensity of Sunlight increase or decreases, So they will easily turn ON/OFF the out side lights of the house with the help of Smartphone.
if any delay in turning light ON/OFF the smart system automatically turn light ON/OFF.
In that way electricity power loss can be reduced and also wastage of time.2.Demonstration3.Alert notification by sms
- For Setting the Bolt WiFi Module click on link https://docs.boltiot.com/docs.
**Connect one lead of the LDR into the Bolt Module's 3v3 Pin.
**Connect other lead of the LDR into the A0 pin
* *Connect one leg of the 10k Ohm resistor into the GND pin
* *Connect the other leg of the resistor also into the A0 pin
* *Connecting the LED to the Bolt
# NOTE - Here we are using the DC operated LED instead of AC operated LED Bulb as the demonstration.
**Connect register and LED in series combination.
** Connect the negative leg of the LED into the ground pin of the Bolt.
Select project as GIPO
The python coding for this project has been done in Ubuntu (Linux) on Oracle VM Virtual Box virtual machine. Before we start coding of the Home automation and light controlling system in python, we need to make a configuration file in sever which will have the specific keys for each user and device. We will import this file in our main code.
- The following is the configuration file (named as conf.py):
SID = #'You can find SSID in your Twilio Dashboard'
AUTH_TOKEN = #'You can find on your Twilio Dashboard'
FROM_NUMBER = #'This is the no. generated by Twilio. You can find this on your Twilio Dashboard'
TO_NUMBER = #'This is your number. Make sure you are adding +91 in beginning'
API_KEY = #'This is your Bolt Cloud account API key'
DEVICE_ID = # 'This is the ID of your Bolt device'
This Smart System which consists - LDR, LED lights and Bolt IoT Wi-Fi Module is set-up in home.
- The LDR Sensor measures the Sun light intensity and this data send it to the cloud through Bolt IOT module.
- If the light intensity becomes less than or grater than the limit then related data send to cloud.
- The server which is running with python code detect the data and if then it calls Twilio SMS service to send the notification.
- Twilio SMS service sends the notification to the phone number of the house owner and so he/she will turn the home out side light ON with the help of their Smartphone
- In other case if there will some delay the the smart system will automatically turn light ON/OFF.