This project allows users to run a distributed piano on multiple devices, which all connect to a device (Raspberry Pi 3B) running Android Things dev preview. The Android Things device has a piezo speaker plugged in to receive and play the notes from all the different devices.
This code sample uses Google Nearby API to send notes to the Raspberry Pi 3. Please also note that this has only been tested on a Raspberry Pi 3, but should work on other boards too.
To get setup:
1. Checkout this repository
2. Setup your Raspberry Pi 3 in the following way:
3. Open the repository in Android Studio
4. Deploy the "app" onto your plugged in Raspberry Pi.
5. Deploy "pianoplayer" onto your Android devices that you want to be able to play piano on.
6. Make sure all devices are on the same WiFi network. You should see a toast display in the app when the device is connected to the Raspberry Pi. You should then be able to play music!
Android Things - Distributed Piano
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!