The Photon is a $19 tiny Wi-Fi development kit for creating connected projects and products for the Internet of Things. It's easy to use, it's powerful, and it's connected to the cloud.
The tools that make up the Photon's ecosystem (and come along with the board) are designed to let you build and create whether you're an embedded engineer, web developer, Arduino enthusiast or IoT entrepreneur. You'll be able to write your firmware in our web or local IDE, deploy it over the air, and build your web and mobile apps with ParticleJS and our Mobile SDK.
The board itself uses a Broadcom wi-fi chip (one that can be found in Nest Protect, LIFX, and Amazon Dash) alongside a powerful STM32 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller. It's like the Spark Core. But better.
Does not ship with breadboard or USB cable.
- Particle P0 Wi-Fi module
- Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi chip
- STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3
- 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
- Soft AP setup
- FCC/CE/IC certified
- Full specs here
The Spark Core is a tiny Wi-Fi development kit based on Texas Instrument's CC3000. We launched it on Kickstarter in 2013, and we've shipped tens of thousands of them. You can either buy with chip antenna or u.FL connector if you would like the option to boost signal strength. The Core with uFL connector requires a separate flex or duck antenna.
- Texas Instruments CC3000 Wi-Fi module
- STM32F103 72Mhz ARM Cortex M3
- 128KB flash, 20KB RAM, 2MB external flash
- Smart Config setup
- FCC/CE/IC certified
The Electron is a tiny development kit for creating cellular-connected electronics projects and products. It comes with a SIM card and an affordable data plan for low-bandwidth things. Plus it's available for more than 100 countries worldwide!
It also comes with Particle's development tools and cloud platform for managing and interacting with your new connected hardware.
Please note that the Electron is a GSM-only device, and does not support CDMA networks. 3G GSM networks require different hardware in different parts of the world. Thus we offer two types of Electron 3Gs—the U260 and U270. Visit this link to see a full list of where each board works (for example, North America uses the U260). Please be sure to order a board that works in the country where you want to deploy your project.
The Internet Button includes a Photon, which can also be easily removed and used for other projects, a USB-micro cable and a removable plastic cover.
Quickly start playing with LEDs, multiple buttons, an accelerometer and more without any wires or soldering. On the firmware side, custom libraries are available to make programming your projects quick and beautiful. The Internet Button is not only an easy way to get started on the Internet of Things, it's also a clean and simple way to start building your own prototypes.
- 11 individually controllable RGB LEDs
- ADXL362 3-axis accelerometer
- 4 tactile buttons for D-pad style interactions
- Female socket for connection to Photon
- Additional female headers for adding extra actuators and sensors
- Backward compatible with the Core
The world's low favorite low cost computer now connects to the world's most popular IoT platform.
- Connect your Pi in minutes. Setup is fast, intuitive, and beginner friendly. Download the Particle Pi software and get your Pi connected in 5 minutes or less.
- Run Arduino code on your Raspberry Pi. No more complicated tooling, setup, or scripting to perform simple tasks like toggling a pin, blinking an LED, or reading a sensor value. Particle Pi allows you to program in C/C++, making these tasks easy!
- Remote Control your Pi. Safely reprogram code running on your Pi's one at a time or in groups. Remotely execute scrips on fleets of Raspberry Pi's using the `exec` command. Collect and publish data to the Particle Cloud, or store it locally by logging it on your Pi.