A special container for store objects, with sensors inside, iot-ready. This container is able to keep track of stocks stored inside it and react:
- sending notification to the cloud
- turn an alarm led on when the stocks are low.
An LCD show information on the container like label or setup information. Through a web interface is possible to control the status of all the registered smart containers.
An universal windows app allows to configure some settings: wifi network,wifi password, label, bottom threshold(content under threshold are considered low), position/location.
The circuit can be powered by:
- 5V with a micro usb cable
- battery with a lipo battery, 3.7V at least 700 mhA (check the specs).
The arduino MKR1000 contains a recharge circuit.
Everywhere you can replace a simple container with a smart container:
- store/warehouse/depot: keep track of materials to buy automatically and "physically" view which one are low (thanks to Led notification). This last action helps anyone to understand immediately the status of the container... without opening it or control it on the server.
- house: keep track of items or food to buy. What should I have to buy for launch today? check the smart containers web page!
Do you want to see a demo?
Here it is:
Some pictures during the development of the project: