This is a temperature/humidity/luminosity wifi sensor for plant growing.
All sensors values are automatically uploaded on IoT application such as Thingspeak to monitor daily/hourly changes, and logged on MQTT server.
Everything is possible with this sensor, you can display all values sent by others sensors, yahoo weather forecasts or anything else (finance, mail, etc.).
The tutorial and Arduino code is on GitHub: https://github.com/miogui/wimio
The demo is actually running with 2 modules, 1 on my desktop and 1 inside my "orchydarium": https://thingspeak.com/channel...BOM
- 0.93" OLED screen: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item...
- Witty cloud ESP12F: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item...
- DHT22 humidity/temperature sensor: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item...
- TLS2561 luminosity sensor: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item...
In order to get your wimIO working, you just have to connect SCL pins (of screen and TLS2561) to GPIO5 of the ESP8266, SDA to GPIO4 and the data from the DHT22 to GPIO2 with a 10k pull-up.
Please note that the source files are not up to date.
Not pushed on GitHub yet:
- Web-server using WiFiManager in order to setup your sensor module when powered on.
- Server script for MQTT collecting, forwarding to influxDB and Grafana setup running a Raspberry Pi 0.
Future improvements (soon)
- Add an example to monitor soil moisture, CO2, barometer (BMP085), etc.
- Deep sleep for low power
- Custom PCB with everything integrated
The desk version and deported sensors version are coming soon!
STL files are available here.