The goal was to make it possible to feed my cats even when I'm not at home, especially when I'm away for a long time. Therefore, I created this Automated Cat Feeder, which is controlled via the IFTTT app on my smartphone.
Right now, I'm using a Nema 17 12V 0,4A 26Ncm stepper motor. This doesn't seem to be the best solution because the torque isn't high enough when the tank is full of food.
Besides the IFTTT connection, I used node.js to create a local webserver to control the feeder. Theoretically, I could install the webserver everywhere I want to control it. The server shows the latest feeding process. Currently the timestamp isn't saved in a database, but it's a big point on my TODO-list.
- Include database to save latest feeding process
- Integrate LEDs to indicate mode
- Change stepper motor
- MQTT interface for Home automation
- Replace Particle Photon by Raspberry Pi 3 (v2.0)
- Send Photo after feeding process to check up via SMTP (?)