Software apps and online services
WIZnet Ethernet HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) is a Raspberry Pi Pico pin-compatible board that utilizes W5100S and supports both 3.3V & 5V.
Please refer to this link to find more information about W5100S.
- Raspberry Pi Pico Pin-Compatible
- Ethernet (W5100S Hardwired TCP/IP CHIP)
- Product page : https://docs.wiznet.io/Product/iEthernet/W5100S/overview
- Support 4 Independent Hardware SOCKETs simultaneously
- Support SOCKET-less new Command: ARP-Request, PING-Request
- Support Auto-MDIX only when Auto-Negotiation mode
RP2040 Datasheet - https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/microcontrollers/raspberry-pi-pico.html
1. Combine WIZnet Ethernet HAT with Raspberry Pi Pico.
2. Connect ethernet cable to Ethernet HAT ethernet port.
3. Connect Raspberry Pi Pico to desktop or laptop using 5 pin micro USB cable.
- If you use W5100S-EVB-Pico, you can skip '1. Combine...'
CircuitPython on Raspberry Pi Pico by referring to the link above.
- Download the below uf2 file link on your computer
CircuitPython 7.0.0 - https://downloads.circuitpython.org/bin/raspberry_pi_pico/en_US/adafruit-circuitpython-raspberry_pi_pico-en_US-7.0.0.uf2
2.Setup WIZnet Ethernet Library
Copy the WIZnet library Into the lib folder inside the Raspberry Pi Pico. https://learn.adafruit.com/ethernet-for-circuitpython/circuitpython-setup
Before continuing, make sure your board's lib folder has at least the following files and folders copied over: https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-CircuitPython
The following serial terminal program is required for HTTP Client test, download and install from below links.
Before this, you should find the Raspberry Pi Pico COM port number from "Device Manager" on your PC.
2. How to WebClient Example
Access the WIZnet github, get the Circuit Python source, and copy it to code.py inside the pico.
Setup WebClient Example - download https://github.com/Wiznet/RP2040-HAT-CircuitPython/tree/master/examples/HTTP/Webclient
- Press "Ctrl+D" on the terminal window. you can see the messages as follows.
-Use DNS to access the address of the server. After that, it accesses the server in each URL and prints the contents. The text of each URL is as follows.
- It is the original text on the HTML server.