Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
The Smart Aquarium project was developed by an elite team of students at the National Institute of Applied Science and Technology (INSAT) in Spring 2018.
Check the Project on GitHub: https://github.com/KaremBenChikha/SmartAquarium
Visit my personal portfolio: karembenchikha.me
The team participated in various Robotics competitions and Hackathons and won the following:
- 2nd Place Winner Award at IoT TUNISIA National Competition
- 1st Place Winner Award at TUNIROBOTS'18 National Projects of Expositions
- 1st Place Winner Award at IEEE' Biological IOT on Campus Competition
The Smart Aquarium aims to monitor and control the vitals of fish inside a home aquarium.
As you saw in the YouTube video, a mobile app connected to the internet has access to monitor and control the aquarium. It can :
- Feed the fish either manually by specifying the amount of food and click on the feed button or by setting a schedule to choose the time and date of when to feed the fish.
- Control the lighting inside the aquarium, you have the possibility to choose from an RGB color palette. a night mode linked to a light sensor will turn automatically the white light on when it too dark for the fish.
- Measure the temperature of the aquarium by a temperature waterproof sensor.
- Control the oxygen inside the aquarium. the are two modes; Low and High.
The App was designed with Android Studio:
After Prototype: a custom PCB was designed and manufactured:
and the render:
All Parts were designed and either 3D printed or CNC manufactured. we Used Solidworks for CAD Design.