The xChip CW01 (ESP8266 core) allows users to send data from XinaBox’s modular xChips to the cloud. This data can be viewed remotely in Ubidots, where users can take advantage of their range of IoT tools.
The xChips SW01(BME280) and SL01(VEML6075 & TSL4531) are Advanced Weather Sensors that measure temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure; UVA/UVB and Ambient Light intensities respectively.
In this tutorial we will use HTTP protocol to send sensor data to Ubidots. This could also be done by MQTT protocol.
By the end of this guide, you will able to monitor and measure weather conditions near your XinaBox device from anywhere remotely using Ubidots.
● 1x CW01 - WiFi core (ESP8266/ESP-12F)
● 1x OD01 - OLED Display 128x64 (SSD1306)
● 1x IP01/IP02 - USB Programming Interface (FT232R)
● 1x SW01 - Advanced Weather Sensor (BME280)
● 1x SL01 - UVA, UVB, Light (VEML6075 & TSL4531)
● 1x XC10 - 10-Pack xBUS Connectors
1. Hardware Setup2. Setting up the Arduino IDE3. Login to ubidots4. Summary
Connect CW01, OD01, IP01, SL01 and SW01 together using the XC10 xBUS connectors. You may connect it as shown in the diagram below. Please see this guide on how to assemble xChips generally.
And then connect your device and PC through the IP01’s USB.
1. You will need to install Arduino IDE:
2. Install these libraries to Arduino:
IMPORTANTNOTE: If you are not familiar with how to install cores/libraries, please refer to the link: Installing Arduino libraries
3. With the ESP8266 platform installed, select “CW01(ESP12F module)”. To select your board from the Arduino IDE, select Tools> Board “XinaBox CW01”.
Open your Ubidots account. You will see a device named “ESP8266”with 5 variables.
If you want to change the name of device, put the code inside the
In this tutorial, we have shown how to make a Weather Statin that shows its sensor readings in both OLED Display (XinaBox xChip OD01) and on cloud (Ubidots). With XinaBox and Ubidots you can make many exciting projects such as outdoor/indoor Weather monitoring, Weather Balloon Satellite and irrigation systems.