A Simple Weather Station controlled by a NodeMCU dev board writen in Arduino which reports data through ThingSpeak.
The ESP8266 is a low-cost Wi-Fi chip with full TCP/IP stack and MCU (microcontroller unit) capability produced by Shanghai-based Chinese manufacturer, Espressif Systems.
- Humidity and temperature measurement via DHT11.
- Atmospheric pressure and temperature via BMP180.
- Luminosity measurement with an LDR.
- Multi access point (can manage more than one SSID / password).
- OTA upload (upload new code from the Arduino IDE On The Air, just by using the wifi connection).
- Upload sensor readings to ThingSpeak.
- 1 x NodeMCU V3 dev board (esp8266): ~2,65 USD.
- 1 x DHT11 sensor: ~1,00 USD.
- 1 x BMP180 sensor: ~1,70 USD.
- 2 x 10K resistors: ~0,10 USD.
Total cost: 5,45 USD.
Since the design is really simple, you can actually mount it directly over a perfoard since there is no real need for a custom made PCB.
Replace "XXXXXXX" with your API key:
const char * myWriteAPIKey = "XXXXXXX";
Add one of those statements for each SSID you want to be able to connect:
Link to the public ThingSpeak channel: https://thingspeak.com/channels/352849