alseTv1 is an Arduino Nano based object avoidance robot which uses three HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensors in order to detect potential obstacles.
alseTv1 is the first iteration of a more sophisticated project which will make use of an additional Raspberry Pi in order to process signals from some sensors which already appear in the robot pictures, such as the Raspberry Pi Camera Module or an AMG8833 Grid-Eye infrared array sensor.
Arduino is an open source computer hardware and software company, project, and user community that designs and manufactures single-board microcontrollers and microcontroller kits for building digital devices and interactive objects that can sense and control objects in the physical world.
- Four-Wheel traction.
- Object avoidance capabilities.
- Taking decissions based on data reported by 3 HC-SR04 sensors.
- Really small size (A6 paper sized - 300 grams).
- Powered by a simple USB battery.
- 1 x Arduino Nano (compatible) ~ 3.00 USD.
- 1 x Coretec 'Tiny 4WD' Robot Rover chassis: ~55.00 USD.
- 3 x HC-SR04 Ultrasonic sensor: ~4.50 USD.
- 1 x 3.000 mAh USB battery: ~7.00 USD.
- 1 x L9110 dual channel motor driver module: ~0.60 USD.
- 1 x Jumper cables and some other basic stuff: ~2.00 USD.
Total cost: ~72.10 USD.
- Coretec 'Tiny 4WD' Robot Rover chassis:
- Arduino Nano (compatible):
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensors:
- L9110 Dual Channel motor driver: