This is a simple audio visualizer that listens to ambient sound and flashes a string of lights in response.I've found it working pretty well with a string of Christmas lights listening to music on my laptop.
- Clone this repo
npm installto install the drivers for the ambient module
- Plug in the ambient module to port A on the Tessel
- Cut off the battery pack from the string lights and expose the wires. Plug one end of the wire into GND on the Tessel, and the other into pin G1.
- Plug in the Tessel to your computer.
tessel run visualizer.jsto run the code on your Tessel.
- Snap your fingers; the lights should flash!
- If the lights don't flash, try switching the wires; it will only work in one direction.
- You might need to change the sound trigger value to better match the volume of your music.