This is a simple audio visualizer that listens to ambient sound and flashes a string of lights in response. I've found it working pretty well with a string of Christmas lights listening to music on my laptop.
- Ambient Module
- Christmas lights (optional– you could use Tessel's LEDs if you wanted.) I used these.
- Clone this repo
npm installto install the drivers for the ambient module
- Plug in the ambient module to port A on the Tessel
- Cut off the battery pack from the string lights and expose the wires. Plug one end of the wire into GND on the Tessel, and the other into pin G1.
- Plug in the Tessel to your computer.
tessel run visualizer.jsto run the code on your Tessel.
- Snap your fingers; the lights should flash!
- If the lights don't flash, try switching the wires; it will only work in one direction.
- You might need to change the sound trigger value to better match the volume of your music.
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!