Martin Loren has written perfect Android app which can flash STM32 MCUs over UART using chip internal bootloader. Now he's added support for FT231x chips and also for automatic RTS/DRT handshaking which enables BOOT mode automatically.
The NightLamp project from video below is documented also on Hackster.
You need Android phone which supports OTG, so you phone can become USB Host. In these days almost all Android phones and tablets supports this functionality.
Next, connect micro USB cable to the USB OTG Adapter.
Every time you connect Core Module, you need to press Chip Init button.
Now in console you should see that the chip has been detected.
Click on the box icon to open list of pre-compiled firmwares.
List of firmwares is opened. First click on the Reload icon so the list is updated. After that select firmware to flash and press FLASH FW. Firmwares also have their project page so you can open it by pressing WEBSITE button.
This way you can very easily update firmware in your modules without needing taking the laptop with you.
- Door Sensor project
- Radio Button Project
- Check out other BigClown projects.
- Take a look at the Module Overview.
- Learn about MQTT and BigClown MQTT topics to control LEDs and relays.
- Try other integrations with Grafana, Blynk, IFTTT, Ubidots and others.
- Use your Raspberry Pi or other single board computer (SBC) as a server.
- Flash other firmware or write your own firmware for the Core Module.
- Check the Core Module pinouts and add your own buttons, relays and sensors.