Things used in this project
After a long time i decided to post another project as i was really bit by my success in my first project
I wanted to take things further and explore new Human to machine interaction models in IOT space
Hence i came up with this project
Problem that the POC aims to solve:-
Switches are sometimes hard to reach and many a times one is left with the longing for a switch to be much closer to reach .
Voice recognition to switch on/off an appliance is good but not really ok as you are required to continuously address the system in your voice.
Sometimes a person just wishes for a tactical feedback!.
- Have 2 or more webcams around the room which keep monitoring the room.
- Create a custom object .(This can be anything custom designed to even one which is designed specifically for room aesthetics )
- Have the system machine learn what a custom switch looks like and let the location of the switch be decided by the user .
- Have GPIO pins control relays which switch appliances on /off or interact with services
Due to above solution user is able to dynamically reconfigure physical location and services that the custom switches offer at will at the drop of a hat!
The system borrows from my old project accessible here
and hence forth i have created custom programs and utils for
- Training with reference to only the object and not the scene
- Partial viewing of an object
- Labeling Utility
Enjoy the videos !
Keep observing this space for more updates to the article...
IOT Multi Object tracking
Console app background service code
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!