After a long time, I decided to post another project as I was really surprised by my success in my first project. I wanted to take things further and explore new human to machine interaction models in IoT space.
Hence, I came up with this project:
Switches are sometimes hard to reach, and many times one is left with the longing for a switch to be much closer to reach. Voice recognition to switch on/off an appliance is good, but not really okay as you are required to continuously address the system in your voice.
Sometimes a person just wishes for tactical feedback!
- Have 2 or more webcams around the room which keep monitoring the room.
- Create a custom object (this can be anything custom designed to even one which is designed specifically for room aesthetics).
- Have the system machine learn what a custom switch looks like, and let the location of the switch be decided by the user.
- Have GPIO pins control relays which switch appliances on /off or interact with services.
Due to above solution, user is able to dynamically reconfigure physical location and services that the custom switches offer at the drop of a hat!
The system borrows from my old project which is accessible here Hence forth i have created custom programs and utils for:
- Training with reference to only the object and not the scene
- Partial viewing of an object
- Labeling Utility
Enjoy the videos!
Keep observing this space for more updates to the article.