Build a weather station using the Micro:Bit and a couple of ☒CHIPs from XinaBox, the ☒SW01 Weather Sensor, and the ☒IM01 Micro:Bit Interface. You can easily modify the code to add other data from the Weather Sensor, such as Barometric Pressure, Altitude and Humidity.
Follow this 2 min video to see the complete project:Step 1: Assemble the circuit
- Click the IM01 and the SW01 together using a ☒BUS connector (from the XC10 pack). Make sure that the ☒CHIPs faces the same way up, so you can see the the SW01 name and the IM01 name both facing up. Make sure the connection is aligned, there is only 2 sides of the SW01 that fits the IM01, but you can use any of the IM01 connections.
- Click the Micro:Bit into the IM01. Make sure the LEDs faces up - same way as the SW01 name and the IM01 name.
- Attach a Micro-USB connection from your computer to the Micro:Bit. Notice the yellow LED on the bottom side turning on.
- Open a browser and go to https://makecode.microbit.org
- Scroll down to "
- Then Scroll down to "
- Search for "
weather" and click on "
- Drag and drop code elements until you get something that looks like the image below.
- You can also cheat and click on the "
Blocks" again to see the result.
- Click on "
- Drag the downloaded file, typically named:
microbit-Untitled.hex, to your Micro:Bit drive, typically name:
- See the result on the scrolling LED display.
- Place a finger on the sensor to see the temperature go up ... hopefully!