Robots are the helping hand for human. The number of application field of robots are increasing day by day. Some of the application fields are listed below:
- Remote surveillance/monitoring,
- As well as so many other use cases.
Building a robot with high quality sensor and actuators are too much costly. But building a prototype from sketch is cost efficient. Low cost robots are helpful for school or college level students as well as the awesome tools for university level students.
In this project, we are presenting an cost efficient robot for sensing the toxic gas level remotely. Determining the toxic gas level is helpful for firefighter, researcher or others.
- Wide range of IoT boards with WiFi (MKR1000 and Yún Rev2) and GSM/narrowband connectivity (MKR FOX 1200, MKR WAN 1300, and MKR GSM 1400). [For prototyping this project I used Arduino Leonardo with Yun Shield]
- FPV camera with VR system
Building the Robot
- Place the FPV camera in front of the robot and provide sufficient power. Check the FPV glasses whether you receive the video feedback properly.
- Place the toxic gas sensing device in the middle of the robot. Do not cover the gas sensor.
- The mobile app is used for controlling the robot as well as gas density visualization purpose. Make sure that, you have Internet connectivity, since the apps receives and sends data to cloud. The sensing device also need internet connectivity.
- The Arduino source code is available in my git repository, download and flash the source code. The flashing details are available in this link Arduino Yun.
Download the firmware (source code) and upload it to the Arduino board. Before uploading make sure that, you have include all the libraries. Please refer this tutorials for connecting the Arduino Yun with Internet.
Please refer the documentation section of thinger.io for cloud connectivity
The Mobile Application Collects data from my own iot-cloud account as a result if the device is offline, the mobile application does not shows any data (NaN). If you want to test the APK perfectly, mail me for powering up the device. Other wise please check the demo apps. The demo apps works without device. Thanks for yourkindunderstanding.