This project aims to provide an easy cellular connection to Raspberry Pi thanks to Sixfab CORE and help you use it in your IoT projects.Sixfab CORE Features
- Single Click Modem Installation
- Low Latency Remote Terminal Access
- Remote Network Diagnostics
- Preventive Maintenance
- Network Settings
1. An active Sixfab SIM is required to create a device.
If you don’t have one, please register and activate a SIM from the "SIM -> Register a SIM" section
2. Hardware Setup
To setup the hardware please follow: Raspberry Pi 3G/4G & LTE Base HAT - Getting Started
Note: Supported modules for Sixfab CORE are listed below,
- Quectel EC25 - A, E, EUX
- Quectel EC21 - A, E
- Quectel EG25G
- Telit LE910C1 - EU
- Telit LE910C1 - NF
- Telit ME910C1 - WW
3. Head over to connect.sixfab.com and log in with your provided details.
4. View your available SIM cards by going to SIM -> My SIMs -> Show Details. Then click on "Details" to start setting up the device deployment region.
If you do not have any SIMs available, click "Register a SIM" and enter the necessary details.
5. Selecting Device Deployment Region
There are two choices here:
Global: For devices to be deployed Worldwide
EMEA: For devices to be deployed in Europe only.
APAC: For devices to be deployed in Asia-Pacific only.
6. Click the ‘Copy Code’
7. If the Base HAT USB cable connected to the Pi, unplug it.
8. Open a terminal on the Raspberry Pi and paste the code you copied above, and hit Enter.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo bash -c 'sh <( curl -sN https://install.connect.sixfab.com) -t YOUR_TOKEN_APPEARS_HERE'
This may take a few minutes depending on the internet connection speed. Sit back and enjoy your coffee while it installs.
9. Once the installation is completed successfully, hit Enter to reboot the Raspberry Pi, and reconnect the Base HAT USB cable to the Pi.
10. Afterreboot, the following dashboard will appear with the device information. This may also take a few minutes on the first run. If it doesn’t appear click the View Device under "CORE -> Devices".
You can view the interfaces connected to your device and change their priority order. It can also be diagnosed if there is a connection problem in the interface.
Remote Terminal is allowing remote command execution via interactive, live, fully functional terminal from the Sixfab CORE. You can start a terminal session to any connected device by clicking "Open Remote Terminal" in the UI (see the picture below).
Now you can get a live terminal where you can freely type commands.